Carry a rifle in public?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Under what circumstances would it be okay to carry a rifle or shotgun in public for self defense?

• Only if it’s not an AR-15, AK-47, or other gun that the media portrays as scary

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really like any of the poll options....and did we define "okay"? Are we talking permission from the State or personal standards and values?

It's hard to impossible to give context to poll questions. I checked every box except #3 and the last two. Reason being is because it SHOULD BE okay to carry slung rifles wherever one chooses. But... That doesn't mean it's wise to do so or helpful to promote 2A rights. But I'm not going to be supporting restrictions on a right, just restrictions on doing stupid things.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would depend if the ATF follows up on the denial. I was denied once, solely due to sloppy recordkeeping at a local PD in New Jersey. It wasn't until I could prove that the restraining order they though was in force had been lifted a decade before the gun purchase that I was able to get an appeal granted.

I had taken possession of the gun (a FNP-9 that I miss to this day) when one Monday morning I received a phone call from Agent Harris, ATF Tulsa. Since he identified the type of gun I had purchased, I knew I couldn't bulls**t him. Thankfully, the FFL, Roger Koenig of the late, lamented Bullitt Firearms (where I bought the gun,) took it back and held it for me until I decided to sell it back to him at a time when I needed money more than a gun that was out of my reach.

I'm sure that if I didn't comply with Agent Harris's request to give up possession of that gun, he would have taken a greater interest in my case and, if I had any other guns, I would have lost them and maybe even gotten in trouble with the ATF.

Also, as I said before, prohibited persons are not even allowed to possess ammunition, much less guns.

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

They would have came and shot your dog, and taken your guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom