Carry at arcades like Main Event and Dave and Busters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was under the impression that it was legal to carry on a hospital. In my recent sda class the instructor said that hospitals are on the prohibited list and illegal to carry in. Weird.

Your instructor was incorrect. Just one more example of people teaching these classes and "educating" others when they don't even know the material themselves. Pathetic. Your instructor should be forced to return your money as well as every dime he's ever taken from any other paying customer for his "training".

In Texas it is illegal to carry in a hospital but they still have to post proper signage and at EVERY entrance. In Oklahoma the only hospitals that would be illegal to carry in would be run by the feds (VA or military base), on a reservation that does not permit carry (most if not all of the reservations do not accept carry permits), or those on University grounds.

A lot of places want to place big scary signs in an effort to bluff those people who are easily fooled into submission. They think that the signs make an artificial safety zone which is true but only for the criminals who ignore the sign even if it had force of law.

This is exactly what it's about.... it's about making people afraid, when they know good and well there is no law against it. A sign on a hospital door in Oklahoma (other than V.A. and Indian Health facilities) carries no more weight than a sign on a convenience store or shopping mall. If you are seen with a weapon AND asked to leave AND you refuse then a peace officer MAY be summoned and you MAY receive a $250 fine for trespassing.

That's it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to an Ortho facility awhile back for an MRI on my knee. First one so I was not sure how the procedure was performed. When he told me to take everything out of my pockets that was metal, I suddenly remembered the P3AT in my pocket. I kind of mumbled something about a pistol, and he laughed saying half of the staff was carrying on duty and to not worry about it.
Gun buster sign on the door.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do wonder about OU Medical Center. It is a teaching hospital and I don't know if it's state owned. The rest of the hospitals, except the VA, are fair game.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do wonder about OU Medical Center. It is a teaching hospital and I don't know if it's state owned. The rest of the hospitals, except the VA, are fair game.

OU med center is owned/run by HCA Healthcare, a corporation. The buildings aren't owned by the state or the University. (At least the one on 13th St)

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who was your instructor? People giving out bad info need to be outed.

I'll try and remember his name but it was at Wilshire gun. He has a black beard and sounded like he teaches all the classes there. I'm not making this up, he said that the reason why you're not allowed to carry in hospitals is because of the oxygen lines in the walls and that oxygen and bullets don't mix well.

Also he didn't make it very clear on which buildings you can carry in. The way he explained it made it seem like you shouldn't carry in buildings with a no gun sign. He never clearly stated that the signs mean nothing legally. He briefly touched on the trespassing aspect but he didn't make it clear that you can carry into those buildings as long as they're not on the prohibited list.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well in actuality the signs do mean that the property owners don't want you to carry there, so they do mean something legally.

What we usually mean when we say the "mean nothing" is that the legal consequences of ignoring the signs are weak, and are not deterrent enough to make most of us disarm.

Sounds like your instructor was full of hot air.

Latest posts

Top Bottom