Carry full size 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked on his website and it doesn't look like he makes what I want. Are you saying that he does complete custom applications?

And have any of you used both leather and G10 holsters? Why do you prefer leather?

Call Tony and ask em what he will do sometimes these guys will make customs. I like leather because it's quieter when drawing the weapon leather doesn't have that "snick" sound when the gun moves and breaks free of the holster

DTA

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't carry a 5" 1911 for EDC but I do carry a 3.5" Kimber 1911 and the holster I use accommodates 1911's of any size. It is a black De Santis. I'm sorry I can't remember the model of the holster but if you need to know I can look it up. It is an IWB leather holster. I prefer leather over Kydex because I am a fat guy and the leather contours to my body and feels better. I have been very curious to try one of the Hybrid holsters that uses leather against the body but then has a Kydex piece for holding the actual weapon. I don't know anyone who uses one. I would be curious to hear someone with experience with them and what they thought.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not exactly a full size, but I’m a big fan of Kydex and you can get it in a full size 1911

Attachments

• E5AD52FC-491D-4991-86DB-4A27EC578A75.jpeg
    E5AD52FC-491D-4991-86DB-4A27EC578A75.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Top Bottom