Carry in State Parks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Elk hunting is allowed on the wichita Mtns refuge. It falls under a different category than a national park.
There is also pig eradication, but the employees do that if I was told right.
The Corps of Engineers still do not allow guns in your boats or property unless its part of a WMA or traveling to a wma via boat or vehicle to hunt if I remember right.
I need to re-read the regs on that though before offering an opinion. We discussed this in the past, but don't remember.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has to be buildings where you interact with officials and employees from what I understand. If you're takin' a leak and a Ranger is in the next stall, don't talk to him(her)! :fart:

Woody
You shouldn't be talking to a stranger taking a whiz next to you anyway. Its improper urinal stall ettiquet

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A link for OK laws to help the newbie out? I just got an OK drivers licence, but I have a WA, UT, and OR CPL. I waiting to take the OK CPL class to get an OK one as well. Am I okay to carry still? (BTW this is one of my opinions that with all the different state rules, and regs is a way for the antis to make it easier for us to get in trouble.) The one thing I like about WA is preemption so that every city/county/municipality can't make up their own rules.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
" I waiting to take the OK CPL class to get an OK one as well. Am I okay to carry still?"

Oklahoma recognizes any state license AS LONG AS IT IS CONSIDERED VALID BY THE ISSUING STATE.
I know that Utah considers their license valid wherever you reside, but you need to advise BCI of your current address. (I have UT license, and you will need the OK license to renew Utah)
I think you are out of luck with Oregon, and the WA license must be renewed in person in WA when it expires ( I used to have WA license).

Youngers Bend

Marksman
Reaction score
Isn’t Army corps of Engineers land off limits? Maybe I dreamed it, but if so it is dumb I can bring my 308 hunting rifle but not a CC piece.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes. A lot of confusion regarding Corps land is the failure to realize that US Army Corps of Engineers lands are military reservations.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just took my OK class the other day, and filled out the application online. Going in Wednesday to do the fingerprints etc.
Updated address with UT. I still have a house in WA, so I'm kind of a dual resident.

Latest posts

Top Bottom