Carry Into anti-Gun Friend's House or No?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been invited to one of my friend's place for a BBQ later for the first time since I've started carrying daily. He and his wife aren't gun friendly, so I've not been sure what to do. I carry all day, even at home and work, so I'd like to do so there as well but there's still respect I ought to show to my friend right? Anyone run across this problem before? Do you bring it up or just go along as per usual? I'm leaning towards just bringing it since nobody's spotted me yet and what they don't know won't hurt.

You ever been caught by a no-gun friend?

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry full time also but I believe if it was a dear friend of mine I would discuss it throughly with them beforehand and if they really are uncomfortable with you carrying then if it was me I would just leave my weapon in my vehicle and enjoy the bbq. Good friends are hard to come by.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't ask....don't tell. It's your safety that's important. That's why we carry guns.
I'd suggest a small .380 that could be dropped into a pocket which is next to impossible to detect vs IWB.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Respect. If you don't respect your friend then CC. My moms house I leave it in the truck. She doesn't like people bringing them in. My step dad CCs and has guns but I have never worn one in her house out of respect for her wishes.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Concealed is concealed. Anti's are the first ones to make sure you have your carry gun when something happens.
That comment brings up an incident just like that. Wife's coworker is an Obama worshipper and major anti-gun.
We've had many spirited debates about her thoughts on guns and mine.
We were in a group once going to a hole in the wall place to eat that had a great reputation but a poor location. One of the girls commented she was uncomfortable walking into that area.
Ms. Anti-gun told her it would be ok because I probably had a gun, then asked me for confirmation.
Go figure.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That comment brings up an incident just like that. Wife's coworker is an Obama worshipper and major anti-gun. We've had many spirited debates about her thoughts on guns and mine.
Here's your meme. :)
nocall.jpg

That said - if it were a good friend I'd probably comply with their wishes and leave it in the car.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would it be worth losing a friend over if they felt strong enough? I would say leave it in your car if you don't feel comfortable leaving it at your house unless you have plans before or after the bbq. If you do decide to carry it and they see it you could just play it off as hey I was running around earlier and forgot to take it off, and offer to put it in the car.

My two cents on the matter is I would not bring it out of respect and since you are questioning it you are trying to justify doing something that you may feel is wrong. Remember your are their guest in their house, its respectful to follow their rules.

Latest posts

Top Bottom