Carry Into anti-Gun Friend's House or No?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Their property = their rules.

It's as simple as that.

We always say we are the good guys on the side of law and order,,
Just as we always say we are law abiding citizens,,,
We are respectful of the rights of others.

How can we say this and even consider bringing a firearm where it isn't welcome?

My take would be to ask if they minded if I had a small handgun in my pocket.

If they said okay than all is good,,,
If they said no then I decide whether to attend or not.

My brother married an anti-gun woman,,,
I asked them if they minded if I carry when I visit.

She said she didn't want a gun in her house under any circumstance,,,
I decided that I still want to visit my brother,,,
So the gun stays locked in the car.

If someone invades we'll beat them with guitars.

Aarond

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their property = their rules.

It's as simple as that.

We always say we are the good guys on the side of law and order,,
Just as we always say we are law abiding citizens,,,
We are respectful of the rights of others.

How can we say this and even consider bringing a firearm where it isn't welcome?

My take would be to ask if they minded if I had a small handgun in my pocket.

If they said okay than all is good,,,
If they said no then I decide whether to attend or not.

My brother married an anti-gun woman,,,
I asked them if they minded if I carry when I visit.

She said she didn't want a gun in her house under any circumstance,,,
I decided that I still want to visit my brother,,,
So the gun stays locked in the car.

If someone invades we'll beat them with guitars.

Aarond

This^^^^

The rules of respect shouldn't change for guns.

Say you have a no smoking in the house rule. You catch your friend smoking in the house. He broke no laws by doing so. But it's your house and rules.

We all have house rules in our house. Thugs that are perfectly legal to do, but for whatever reason we don't want them taking place in our house. Respect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious: why would you want to be friends with/hang with/ participate in living life with someone so diametrically opposed to your God-given and Constitutional right to protect yourself?
I agree with their house it's their rules. I have friends that don't always think like I do, but we all usually agree on guns. Now, I have anti-gun family, but unfortunately I did not get to choose them.
In this situation I would probably not carry if that was their request.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious: why would you want to be friends with/hang with/ participate in living life with someone so diametrically opposed to your God-given and Constitutional right to protect yourself?
I agree with their house it's their rules. I have friends that don't always think like I do, but we all usually agree on guns. Now, I have anti-gun family, but unfortunately I did not get to choose them.

Can't speak for him but I have some anti gun friends, some I have known since highschool (before I got into guns) and some new. I have other hobbies so i have other groups of friends, we have a mutual respect I know their views and they know mine and we don't force it upon eachother.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with the your house, your rule.
Its my life, my survival, my future with my family that rules.
Your dreams of unicorn's and tulip fields concept of life does not agree with real life.
If you want to be my friend, you will accept that I will have a gun on me, no matter what your personal opinions about guns are.
As earlier posted, anti's don't have an issue with gun protecting them, but want others to be unprotected because of their ignorance of guns and the fact that they deter crime.
Don't ask, don't tell.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My house is my house, I make the rules for that house. Same as someone else does at their house. Myself, I will usually inform my hosts of my weapon first, I just consider it respectful. I have not taken one in a home many times due to a friend or a friends girlfriend or wifes views or comfort level. Its just being respectful.

My daughter is in college in a home owned by us but rented to her and her 3 friends from back home that we know very well, some since she was in kindergarten. Its her home and with her and her young girlfriends differing views on things typical of college kids I would not carry into her home and respect her wishes if she were to tell me that a certain roomate is nervous around some one carrying a gun. Thats just me. We're all different. Thankfully tho that isnt the case and if it was my kid would just keep her lips shut about the pistol she keeps in her room thanx to her daddy who wouldnt have his kid gone from home without a weapon (or two) to protect herself. Again, her house her rules.

There are friends, relatives, and customers over at my house all the time, a house that is also connected to my shop/office/studio. Most I know very well and some CC and I dont have a problem with it, if I know them. The only problem I have is that in my line of work it is common to come in contact with people of many different views and even a few ex cons and felons. Then we have a whole different problem. I may also some day just have a problem with other guns in my home besides my own and deny entry if I dont want your weapon in my home. My prerogative. You dont like it you dont have to come in to visit or to do business with me. It may also and has a few times been a situation where a friend brings a friend with them that I dont know and I may want to know what all this person is carrying in to my home/business- not just guns but drugs and whatever else. My home, my right, my rules. Dont like it get the F out. Even though I may have guns of my own in my place it is still up to me who comes in and what weapons or drugs or whatever they may have on them when they enter. I have lost a few customers over the years because they didnt want to come to my shop/studio any more to work because I either have a gun on me or store guns there. Waaa, they wont be missed. I have more than enough to keep me busy.

Still. Its pretty close minded to me to believe that all of your friends have to agree with your beliefs, just to be your friends. You cant be friends with people with opposing beliefs then its not them who has the problem.

I dont have a way to tell what the future holds but with the way things sound like they are headed we not only need to stick together to weather the upcoming 'them vs us' storms and educate those who are un or ill informed, but we are also going to have to be more sensitive and not hateful to the ever increasing numbers of folks who dont share our passion and our exercising of our Constitutional rights. That is what they use against us is a vision of our stubborness and our hillbilly 'by God take it from my cold dead hands' attitudes. Stand up for ourselves and our rights, hell yeaa- but we should also be more understanding of the sheep and why they are afraid of our equipment that causes so much death not by our legal and qualified hands but by the nut cases bent on destroying what humanity is left.

Last edited:

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's more important things in life than guns. At least for me. I don't think because someone has different views than me that we shouldn't be friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread seems fraught with contradictions from gun-owners

1. Everyone who carries a gun has spouted the moniker "Concealed is Concealed" Why would this be any different? If you carry a gun, then carry it! Why worry about whether someone agrees with your decisions or not

2. Whats the difference in this guys house and a business that has a "no guns allowed" sign. We hop, skip and jump into those places almost everyday and no one decries anything about respecting their wishes

[hypothetical] Would said friend not permit someone who smokes to carry a box of cigarettes into his house?

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread seems fraught with contradictions from gun-owners

1. Everyone who carries a gun has spouted the moniker "Concealed is Concealed" Why would this be any different? If you carry a gun, then carry it! Why worry about whether someone agrees with your decisions or not

2. Whats the difference in this guys house and a business that has a "no guns allowed" sign. We hop, skip and jump into those places almost everyday and no one decries anything about respecting their wishes

[hypothetical] Would said friend not permit someone who smokes to carry a box of cigarettes into his house?

This is generalizing. Lumping everyone here together just because we possibly own a gun and possibly obtained a permit to carry one concealed that we are all in total solidarity with each and every gun owner as if its some large fraternity or club. It isnt. Not everyone who carries a gun pushes the envelope. Not everyone has spouted "Concealed is Concealed" and carried anyways somewhere they either were asked or told not to. And not everyone does carry into an establishment if there is a "no guns allowed" sign. Maybe a few, maybe half, maybe almost everyone here but one or two, but I would like to think its not 100% every member of this forum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom