Carry Into anti-Gun Friend's House or No?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is generalizing. Lumping everyone here together just because we possibly own a gun and possibly obtained a permit to carry one concealed that we are all in total solidarity with each and every gun owner as if its some large fraternity or club. It isnt. Not everyone who carries a gun pushes the envelope. Not everyone has spouted "Concealed is Concealed" and carried anyways somewhere they either were asked or told not to. And not everyone does carry into an establishment if there is a "no guns allowed" sign. Maybe a few, maybe half, maybe almost everyone here but one or two, but I would like to think its not 100% every member of this forum.

You are correct, I should not have said EVERYONE

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Often those signs are to placate anti-gun customers, especially the ones that just say "no open carry."

Nevertheless... a friend should respect your house rules more than those of a little-known business owner. Things like this are what separate friends from acquaintances.
32524-ec8bc509650fa791f6db2f9f0a487a50.jpg

Fair enough.

Question: Is there anything that you would forbid a friend to bring into your house that is otherwise legal to possess? Something that he kept in his pocket or purse the entire time he/she was in your home.

Medical marijuana?
Opiods?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair enough.

Question: Is there anything that you would forbid a friend to bring into your house that is otherwise legal to possess? Something that he kept in his pocket or purse the entire time he/she was in your home.

Medical marijuana?
Opiods?

I live dual state and have my CA red card (mmj card) so when Im there or in CO I am around medical marijuana users and most people I know its just like cigs, they will know where they can light up or vape like most cig smokers do. Edibles, not sure about those. Most carry them and Ive seen people eat them without asking.

I do want to know if a friend carrying anything in my home is legal to carry that object be it legal weed or a weapon and the object was legally obtained and is legal in itself via taxes paid, etc. I own my home and dont want to lose assets due to someone bringing or possessing anything illegal in my home. And doesnt anyone here want to know when a friend might be posessing a dangerous weapon on their person when in their home? Suppose an argument breaks out while playing cards, I want to know if my buddy has his pistol and might be able to shoot me in an argument. I dont care about knives because I grew up with one always in my pocket and I just assume everyone else does also.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that I can think of, as long as it's legally in their possession.

I don't allow smoking indoors because of health issues, but folks are free to step outside and have one.

That is my point, why would someone (in this case, the original poster) think it is OK for someone else (his friend) to tell him he can't carry something in his pocket that is perfectly legal and harmless (when used correctly)

You wouldn't ask your smoking friends not to carry a pack in their purse

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
doesnt anyone here want to know when a friend might be posessing a dangerous weapon on their person when in their home?

I assume that all of my friends are

I do want to know if a friend carrying anything in my home is legal to carry that object be it legal weed or a weapon and the object was legally obtained and is legal in itself via taxes paid, etc.

This is a whole other conversation. Now you are talking about asking your friends to prove they obtained their gun legally

I dont care about knives because I grew up with one always in my pocket and I just assume everyone else does also.

Why aren't you concerned if your friend has a dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife, sword cane? They are illegal

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we are all missing a/some point(s):
First of all there is a difference in not gun friendly and anti-gun. Not gun friendly is, IMHO, someone who may just not be comfortable around guns or familiar with them. Anti-gun is someone who is active in destroying one's Constiutional rights by disparaging, voting for, marching for or financially donating to groups of people set about to do away with certain types or all guns.
-private property. Regardless of your thoughts, their property rights trump your rights to carry. So be it. Don't like it, don't go. Feel free to tell them why.

Back on point: I could be friends or hang out or get along with non-friendly gun people but I damn sure are not going to support and be chummy with someone whom I believe is trying to destroy what I feel like is one of the most crucial points in keeping society and the government from running completely roughshod over the populace right now. Because once the 2nd goes, the rest fall in domino quickly.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we are all missing a/some point(s):
First of all there is a difference in not gun friendly and anti-gun. Not gun friendly is, IMHO, someone who may just not be comfortable around guns or familiar with them. Anti-gun is someone who is active in destroying one's Constiutional rights by disparaging, voting for, marching for or financially donating to groups of people set about to do away with certain types or all guns.
-private property. Regardless of your thoughts, their property rights trump your rights to carry. So be it. Don't like it, don't go. Feel free to tell them why.

Back on point: I could be friends or hang out or get along with non-friendly gun people but I damn sure are not going to support and be chummy with someone whom I believe is trying to destroy what I feel like is one of the most crucial points in keeping society and the government from running completely roughshod over the populace right now. Because once the 2nd goes, the rest fall in domino quickly.
In reality, they are both the same

posted via Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom