Carry On COE Property Going to 9th and 11th Circuit Court

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the Nesbitt (Formerly Morris) VS US to carry on COE property is going before the 9th Circuit Court March 6, 2017.

It also looks like there is another similar suit to carry on COE property in Georgia that will be heard by the 11th Circuit Court in Atlanta the week of April 3, 2017.

My info is coming from a Blog in California http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=1634

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's Circuit court, not district. Most states have more than one district (Oklahoma has three); circuits cover multiple states (particularly the 9th, which is huge), and their decisions are binding throughout the entire circuit (and often persuasive elsewhere).

Sorry to be pedantic, but the distinction is important just due to the huge geographic area the circuits affect.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much sucks I can't carry a CC weapon while fishing legally on a COE lake.
I can carry anything I want during hunting seasons that are legal for taking game, but not a CC weapon during crappie season.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, my dock is 1/2 block from my house on Ft Gibson Lake, I do not like the empty holster feel. I do have one of the pretty stout flare pistols that takes a hefty cartridge, but just not quite the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom