Carry Rigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This "nickel plated sissy pistol" (NPSP) is a design that has been around awhile. It's called a 1911. This particular NPSP is what is known as a Commander-Style NPSP, in the Series 70 design, as John Moses Browning wanted it to be. However, to refer to this particular NPSP as a NPSP is so wrong in so many ways.
calm down grampy

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a couple of holsters from Sparks today. They quoted 12-15 weeks. That's better than some of my orders from them. I needed a OWB for the 226 in my avatar, already had an IWB from PJ holsters. I have a Galco Concealable that will be here tomorrow for the SIG and I'll use it until the 55-BN gets here. They are worth the wait and their prices haven't gone up as much as other makers lately. Also ordered one for my GP100 .44 Special. And, Sparks wasn't as bad as the last time I talked to Craig Spegel - Year and a half. Hope I last that long. Now, I wait.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to keep going back and looking at your rig ... something that Askins, Keith or Cooper would have on their belt.

Well, if my increasingly feeble memory serves, Askins developed the "Avenger" style holster. There is definitely something about an Avenger and 1911. It just looks "right".

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if my increasingly feeble memory serves, Askins developed the "Avenger" style holster. There is definitely something about an Avenger and 1911. It just looks "right".

At almost 75 my memory is probably more feeble than yours but I believe Bruce Nelson originated the "Professional" and then Bianchi got input from Col Askins to create what they called the "Askins Avenger." Read that in one of his books. The primary difference was Askins had a more pronounced forward rake (more than what we now call FBI cant.) Regardless, they are great holsters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom