Carry What You Compete With?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mainly for our competition shooters; but anyone is of course welcome to comment. Excluding rimfires, do you carry the same or a similar gun that you use for competitive shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on why one is competing. For some it is a sport, period. To others, it’s a chance to hone important skills.
I used to not, then I did. If I ever start back up, it will be with a carry gun. Even if it isn’t, there’s still more benefit of shooting any kind of gun in competition, whether it’s your carry gun or not, than standing at a poorly lane, trying to shoot smiley faces in your targets.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does IDPA BUG count for your survey? S&W Shield is my choice for BUG

Well sure. Good point. My main question in my OP was concerning the PISTOL one uses for competition; same one or type as what you carry?

For all: Opinions on the GSSF Matches often held at poorly lit indoor ranges? Seems to me that is better than nothing. Me, for example: I can no longer run, or even move anywhere near as fast as I used to ... (5 failed lower leg surgeries will do that to you in some cases)...so I'm pretty much stuck with static training opportunities in an effort to keep my skills, as they were, up to at least some level of proficiency. GSSF matches, and similar, at least offers something valuable, IMO.

* Sure, I wish I could do R-n-G, or steel challenge, but we give up things we like as age, injuries, and physical limitations creep up on us. Lots of times, it boils down to an ENS for me to get any chance to shoot with or against anybody.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not in the walker ... yet, but I do like shooting steel. Where are the opportunities you'd recommend to get involved in the OKC area? What about Tulsa area? I know dennishoddy has talked about it at up in Ponca City.

Latest posts

Top Bottom