Carry while biking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RomeosTune

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone here ride a bicycle for exercise, etc. and carry? I've recently started and just wondering what you all do for carry. I hate to do it but looks like I'm going to have to get a fanny pack.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have used a frame bag like shoot summ suggested. It would probably be your best bet in terms of practicality, comfort, and ease / speed to access weapon. I also know a guy that rides mountain bike trails with a camelback hydration-pack. There is a little pocket big enough for his iphone, keys, and LCP...

Or you could always go like Danny Trejo in Machete and mount a minigun to the handlebars....:thumbup3:
hqdefault.jpg

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No way to hide anything in spandex.

Fanny pack or one of the little packs that hang from the frame of the bike. Velcro for quick access.

No need to hide anything.
I use a fanny pack because I like the gun to be on me at all times.
I also carry my phone, knife and spare mag, especially after the 2 or 3 rednecks in the red Ford crewcab tried to run me off the road and then back up for more when I wouldn't go off the road.

frayluisfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a fanny pack works pretty well in this scenario, and doesn,t look out of place, like it does for "regular" carry. I've also experimented with carrying a small gun at 4:00, with a cover garment, but wind blows it around too much for my comfort. A cross draw holster hides very well when you are slightly leaned forward on a bike, but I need to fiddle with that a bit more--can,t seem to get it comfortable. Now that open carry is legal, you also have the option to go that route, which might also discourage knuckleheads from messing with you just to have fun. I don,t like the idea of mounting it on the bike, because of the possibility of getting separated from my pistol. But that,s just me.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a fanny pack works pretty well in this scenario, and doesn,t look out of place, like it does for "regular" carry. I've also experimented with carrying a small gun at 4:00, with a cover garment, but wind blows it around too much for my comfort. A cross draw holster hides very well when you are slightly leaned forward on a bike, but I need to fiddle with that a bit more--can,t seem to get it comfortable. Now that open carry is legal, you also have the option to go that route, which might also discourage knuckleheads from messing with you just to have fun. I don,t like the idea of mounting it on the bike, because of the possibility of getting separated from my pistol. But that,s just me.

I had the same concern, yet in several years, and many miles of riding I haven't separated from the bike. Plus the accessibility while not great, is much better on the frame bag, than with the fanny pack IMO. It's a few inches from my right hand while riding upright, obviously a bit further when I am in the drops(rare at my age). The velcro on the bag is secure, but easy to access, I also keep a can of pepper spray in there as a less lethal option for dogs. The thing to realize and practice for is that all options potentially have you shooting with 1 hand, trying to stop the bike, and making sure you unclip from the pedals. A lot going on, and a lot of opportunity for something to go wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom