Carry while biking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The passage of open carry in Ok was a godsend for cyclists. I carry in a standard hip holster while riding in street clothes and no longer worry about the wind blowing my covering garment up around the middle of my back. Otherwise, I carry in a fanny pack. This way I have the gun with me if I feel the need to stop at a convenience store for water or other refreshment.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking--the bike cops carry in a belt rig just like the other JBTs. Doesn't seem like it would be any more cumbersome than a fanny pack.

Ain't no way I'm sportin a fanny pack an attaching my gun to the bike seems like a bad idea. Side retention holster works fine.

Ain't no way I'm sportin a belt and holster or a fanny pack on a 100 mile ride, things tend to sweat, chafe, and generally get uncomfortable. Gun on the bike is the best way for me. Guess it all depends on what, where, and how you are riding.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of Camelbak's and other lesser brand hydration packs have a decent size pocket on them. I carry a lcp in mine. Not the easiest access but keeps it away from sweat and holds it secure.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aint no way I'm riding 100 miles. lol
I've done 85 centuries--but none while carrying a gun. There are two types of riding: (1) casual riding, often done in street clothes, and therefore easy enough to carry a gun; and (2), serious riding, such as centuries (100 miles or more), which usually requires cycling specific clothing and related gear. I've experienced many incidents with a-holes in automobiles, but none where I felt in need of a gun, at least out on the open road. If its centuries you want to do, I'd take plenty of fluids and energy gels and leave the gun at home.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
always carry while biking ... I wear a pair of Columbia shorts with pockets over riding shorts.
front pockets on Columbia shorts have extra velcro sewn to secure S&W 340PD.
pistol has to be ultra light weight to pull this off .. otherwise it would get in the way when cycling distance.

340PD rides in a custom holster that stays put when pistol is drawn .. goal is 1.5sec or less draw times

Latest posts

Top Bottom