Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I had that Russian night vision scope & saw the pair of eyes watching me through the tree line? Yeh, I started sleeping on the boat not long after that.

Might have been wild hogs watching you. Those things will eat anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might have been wild hogs watching you. Those things will eat anything...

I don't know. But I have heard coyotes get on a hog out there at night. Up the Potapo arm in the Panther Creek tributary creek. The water was low & my boy and me were set up in a tent on the mud bank. It was a good fight, about a hundred yards away. It was around midnight or after and the sound really carried. That hog got into the water - you could hear him splashing.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know. But I have heard coyotes get on a hog out there at night. Up the Potapo arm in the Panther Creek tributary creek. The water was low & my boy and me were set up in a tent on the mud bank. It was a good fight, about a hundred yards away. It was around midnight or after and the sound really carried. That hog got into the water - you could hear him splashing.

I believe imma get back in the boat.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe imma get back in the boat.

When I went way back in there alone, more and more frequently I'd tie onto a dead tree and sleep on the boat. I kept a cot on it for that purpose. The packs of coyotes are numerous and some comprise many individuals. There is at least one large pack of feral dogs, as well. They got into it one night about 40 feet from the boat. This was in the extremity of the Potapo arm, where it starts to shallow out and you've got to tilt your boat motor or you'll tear up your prop on submerged rocks.

Edit: I had a system in which I ran trotline ten feet underwater, that way Good Samaritans wouldn't check my lines for me. I'd have two trot lines, but lots of limb lines. In this way I covered a lot of water.

I would have the stainless steel Bulldog on me - the one with the laser grip. Sometimes, I lay in the sleepiing bag holding it across my chest while I listened to things crashing around out there in the dark. I'd laugh at myself when morning came.

i.imgur.com_ZCxodWr.jpg

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if you stop posting again and somebody finds a pile of bones all gnawed up on the bank down around there, we'll know you at least provided some hungry beasts a decent meal.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More on that Bulldog. I've carried that .44 Special for eight years.

Edit: It's a real good Bulldog. I've ran ammo through it I shouldn't have, and probably will again. If I throw it out of timing I'll just run it over to the gunsmith here in Coleman. It's no quirk of fate that I bought a second one, lol!

i.imgur.com_xpnXKXB.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

i.imgur.com_qxDEFwL.jpg

i.imgur.com_JvMpbms.jpg

Last edited:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am 57 now. And I have let go of every one of my Safe Queens - sold them to the pawnshop in Durant, mainly because they have an FFL. The only handguns I will post on this thread are my carries. However, I do have an oddball of a handgun from Nazi Europe which my grandpa brought over for a friend, who never collected it. Obviously I can't get rid of that - but I can shoot it.

Please feel free anybody - to post your carry on this thread!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only two I carry now are my Ruger SR9c, and a Glock-19Gen-4. With the G19 I added night/day fiber optic sights an a extended slide lock/release. All others have been put up. Both of these can be easily replaced if lost, stolen, or have to go into evidence. I can't afford to have that happen to my other guns. My only other small guns are my J-frames, but due to their age an type(older real S&W revolvers) I'd rather they collect dust in the safe. I'm probably going to get another Ruger, probably a LC9s Pro for light clothing carry, but for now the Glock does well for most of my carry needs.

I figure 15 plus one round and a spare magazine should see me through anything I might happen to run across.

Latest posts

Top Bottom