Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the draws of the S&W snubs is that it's a grab & go gun. Hence, it's always on you. Sure, like you say, there are better options. But at least you're armed - with a .357 Magnum. And it punched through the 4x4 with a jacketed hollowpoint. I don't know about expansion through wood, though. But that's some hitting power up close.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Kangaroo Carry in some of your earlier posts. I have a couple of older ones that have been used often over the last few years. I also have a S&W M&P 340 and it's a neat little gun. It's the only Smith I now own after having had many over the years. But, it rarely gets carried except as a backup to another 5 shot revolver on the rare occasion I feel like toting a wheelgun in the city. In the woods I carry revolvers but feel no need for a backup. My normal carry is a SIG traditional model and I find I can carry it 90+ % of the time no matter the season. A good holster will really improve concealment options. And, I should mention my attire 10 months out of the year is shorts and a light shirt. I carry Speer Short Barrel 135gr .357 (-P) in my 340 when it does go with me. It's a fun gun but a bigger steel revolver or SIG is my preference. Everyone should carry what works for themselves.
M&P 340.jpg p225a.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice, lkenl. I've spent a lot of money trying different shoulder rigs, but they don't pull the gun in tightly like the kangaroo. I mean, the kangaroo pulls it right up against ya, tightly. I carried the bulldog forever, but the 340 supplanted it unless I'm out of doors. I've carried several semis, but keep coming back to the Makarov. I know there are higher end pistols and I've had them. I just can't hit as well with them.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, man, speaking of the Makarov - my laser grip finally got here from Moscow today. I quickly installed it and well - let me post some pics. Starting with the envelope. It has Russian writing on it, so I'm keeping it as a souvenir.

i.imgur.com_rfBL8rlh.jpg

i.imgur.com_HU0vkCzh.jpg

i.imgur.com_CcwGoHXh.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom