Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not a Bond derringer. Bonds are considered to be the best, but they are also the largest. This is a Cobra. It is better than it's made out to be, but it more closely resembles its direct ancestor, the Remington, than it does a high end quality derringer like the Bond.

There are things to be alert to, with a Remington style derringer. Especially when loading it. The hammer, when all the way forward, will depress one of the firing pins. If you load up the derringer, and close it, the firing pin will press against the primer of the bullet.

i.imgur.com_JrXNchq.jpg

i.imgur.com_4EUv7RE.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The twin, over under tubes are exactly 3.5 inches in length.

i.imgur.com_RpOruTS.jpg

This is a weapon of last resort. You've got two bullets. It is a weapon of dire desperation and is most effective when used at very, very close range. Say, you are involved in an altercation in which someone is getting the better of you. Ram into the rib cage and fire. See what happens.

i.imgur.com_6UmPQSd.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With my snub noses, I seldom practice beyond ten feet. Sometimes, I practice point shooting without bringing it to eye level at ranges under ten feet. That business with the Makarov at 75 feet is just for fun.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last Thursday night I caved and ordered a $300 Police trade in from Bud's. I sure as heck didn't need one, but I kept coming back to the add - day after day. This is it, right here - I took a pic.

i.imgur.com_o60opkL.png

And so, I picked it up today at Uncle Stew's gun shop, down in Durant.

i.imgur.com_D9l4b2k.jpg

This is Lee Nichols, the owner of the gun shop. This is the 7th time I've ordered a handgun through Bud's and had it delivered to Lee for pickup. He is real good people. He's holding the M&P in these pics. FedEx had just got there with the box.

i.imgur.com_eZqWPuE.jpg

i.imgur.com_qIaZ6ll.jpg

I'm having internet issues at this moment, but intend to get some pics of the pistol up shortly.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a clean pistol, I cleaned it up anyhow, and it wasn't banged up at all - it had been taken care of real good. It had belonged to the Houston Police Dept.

i.imgur.com_f99qZdG.jpg

i.imgur.com_2PvjLdd.jpg

Lee said the H PD before the SN connoted the Houston PD. Well, day after day, I saw that they still had these for about $300 and mine has Novak night sights which still glow. I just couldn't let this go.

i.imgur.com_ZsKY5II.jpg

I cleaned her up real good and mean to go out there tomorrow and run a box through. I'll be sure to give ya'll an honest report on how it does, with plenty of pics.

i.imgur.com_xdVSLyr.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran 50 rounds through it late this morning. It shot better than I expected, although I don't know what I was expecting, lol. Anyway, I couldn't fault the pistol for anything. I know that 50 rounds isn't really that many rounds to base an assessment on - but it did good.

i.imgur.com_0VHEsSw.jpg

i.imgur.com_uQKSCsK.jpg

i.imgur.com_4fAQbgJ.jpg

i.imgur.com_JqX9cDX.jpg

The Smith fed and extracted flawlessly. And the slide locked to the rear after the last round in the magazine, every time. I was pleased. Maybe not surprised, but I was happy with this. I mean, for $300 something's gotta go wrong, right?

i.imgur.com_UCXPaP0.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The paddle thumb safety is ambidextrous, as is the slide stop. The thumb safety was present on this Houston Police Dept issue weapon and came like this. I found it very easy to use. Also, it came with Novak sights and the tritium is still good.

i.imgur.com_GlamvIc.jpg

i.imgur.com_NJPguuq.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me, the M&P felt different from a 1911 and a Glock. It felt "right" is about the best way for me to put it. It was a full grip, kind of hefty and and easy to swing onto target with. The recoil was OK. It was nice. I like some felt recoil. This was just right.

i.imgur.com_S0L4JPB.jpg

i.imgur.com_6TGcefv.jpg

i.imgur.com_jHwiybL.jpg

i.imgur.com_kPqxIrH.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom