Carrying a 1911??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, and it will hit harder than Tupperware.... lol
And look better doing it too.

1911-3.JPG

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A nice, quality 1911 pistol has a soul. You can feel it and you can sense it. Many, many people aspire to some day own a nice 1911 for a variety of reasons.

A plastic pistol is just that. A utilitarian tool. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's pretty hard to get excited about another Glock or Sig plastic gun. Nice, functional guns, to be sure, and I own and use several myself. I've carried both styles on duty and I've carried both types as CCW guns. But those plastic guns just don't inspire feelings of pride, nostalgia and the sense of Americanism that a 1911 does. They never have and likely never will. At least not to me.

My ex was not a gun person. Not in a bad way...she just WAS NOT interested. If I started talking about guns to her she'd generally slip into a mini coma. I never got a positive reaction from her to any gun I showed her. Except once. It was a 1911, she said it was "pretty" and "it feels really good" and she wound up buying it.

Far, far and away my favorite guns. Then again, I haven't met too many guns I didn't like. A few...not many.

Latest posts

Top Bottom