Carrying a revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is accurate, reliable and you can hit what you are aiming at I would not care what kind it was.

My 45 acp Taurus PT1911 jammed all the time as in first shot was fine then next shot hung up.
Not reliable. Not going to carry that in that shape.

I did fix that issue though.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you stay away from places you shouldn't go to (bars, dark alleys, the bad part of town) a 5 or 6 shot revolver along with a speed strip or speed loader in your pocket will serve you just fine.

Accuracy/shot placement ALWAYS wins over spray and pray.
That is what I keep thinking but driving 40 miles one way to work and back and the way things are now days just makes me cautious more than normal. It’s super lightweight Ruger LCRX 3” barrel and man it feels good in the hand and you don’t even notice it’s there it’s so light

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is what I keep thinking but driving 40 miles one way to work and back and the way things are now days just makes me cautious more than normal. It’s super lightweight Ruger LCRX 3” barrel and man it feels good in the hand and you don’t even notice it’s there it’s so light
You're right, things are getting worse all the time. I can't tell you what to do, but if I was an everyday Joe instead of a cop, I'd pocket carry a Smith and Wesson J frame and have a semi-auto of some sort in the car/truck. Thataway if things did go south for you, you could at least use the revo to make your way back to your vehicle where your trusty M&P is waiting.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right, things are getting worse all the time. I can't tell you what to do, but if I was an everyday Joe instead of a cop, I'd pocket carry a Smith and Wesson J frame and have a semi-auto of some sort in the car/truck. Thataway if things did go south for you, you could at least use the revo to make your way back to your vehicle where your trusty M&P is waiting.
We think a lot alike lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom