Carrying at the office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little Keltec P3AT or Ruger LCP dropped into a front pocket will never be noticed. Did it for years in a little nylon holster that broke up the outline and carried a spare mag.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was still working in an office (that isn't located in my home) I carried every day. I always carried in a pocket holster. Some think that you can only carry the smallest gun that way, but I carried a S&W M&P 9c in that manner for about 3 years. No one ever noticed (or at least said so). I just had to check the pocket size on any pants I was considering buying.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could carry at work, but I work in a Federal facility, so that is a no go, besides, most of the agents here are all armed, so I'm not overly worried about an active shooter scenario, my building is pretty secure, fenced, security doors all around, and bulletproof glass....but I am allowed to keep it in my vehicle, so I keep my lil trusty Ruger LCP tucked away in my truck.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_07_23_517adbefdbe4979be5bbb4094be9e789.jpg

Glock 19 and spare mags in my bag. Not the best, but it's close. Funny thing is my boss knows what's in the bag and doesn't care.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could carry at work, but I work in a Federal facility, so that is a no go, besides, most of the agents here are all armed, so I'm not overly worried about an active shooter scenario, my building is pretty secure, fenced, security doors all around, and bulletproof glass....but I am allowed to keep it in my vehicle, so I keep my lil trusty Ruger LCP tucked away in my truck.
Same here except there are no known carriers in my building.

I'm loaded for bear if I can get to my truck though. [emoji12]

Sent from my awesome mobile device

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do you guys do this? How do you carry with a tucked in shirt? Is it basically an ankle holster or nothing? Is there a waist band that would work?
Most of the IWB hybrid holsters are designed to allow your shirt tucked in. It basically tucks between the belt clip and your waist band. With the natural lay of your shirt it is almost invisible.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, there are "tuckable" holsters. They usually leave some sort of belt clip visible, but you have to know what it is and probably be looking for it to recognize it. If you need deeper concealment, pocket carry is an option.

I am of the opinion that if there isn't a metal detector or dudes patting you down, you should be carrying. Preferably a full size double stack in at least 9mm... something smaller as a last resort. You never know when the day will come when you will be the guy who is called upon to take care of business. Be ready for that day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there are "tuckable" holsters. They usually leave some sort of belt clip visible, but you have to know what it is and probably be looking for it to recognize it. If you need deeper concealment, pocket carry is an option.

I am of the opinion that if there isn't a metal detector or dudes patting you down, you should be carrying. Preferably a full size double stack in at least 9mm... something smaller as a last resort. You never know when the day will come when you will be the guy who is called upon to take care of business. Be ready for that day.

If your called to do that, make sure you know what your doing, defensively and legally. Your life will be miserable if you don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom