Carrying Cell Phone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The recent thread on the JetBlue pilot arrested for brandishing after a road rage incident, got me thinking about something.
If you carry a gun, do you also carry a cell phone? The point was made in that thread that the person who calls the police first may be considered the 'victim', and so it occurs to me, that unless you are near a public pay phone, or you carry a cellualr device, then you are out of luck.
So, my thought is: if you carry a gun, carry a cell phone as well.
Besides that, they are great for other emergencies other than crimes.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The recent thread on the JetBlue pilot arrested for brandishing after a road rage incident, got me thinking about something.
If you carry a gun, do you also carry a cell phone? The point was made in that thread that the person who calls the police first may be considered the 'victim', and so it occurs to me, that unless you are near a public pay phone, or you carry a cellualr device, then you are out of luck.
So, my thought is: if you carry a gun, carry a cell phone as well.
Besides that, they are great for other emergencies other than crimes.

I think in this day and age more and more people are carrying phones. I've been carrying a phone since 98. My first phone was one of those huge bag phones and was given to me by my grandmother. Where I was working, I as working alone and there was no nearby phone. Back 30 or 40+ years ago it wouldn't have been that big of a thing for a 12 or 13 year old to be down in the flats running a tractor.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is now almost assumed that most people are carrying a cell phone. I bought my cell phone for roadside emergencies, but my employer also requires me to have one (on my own dime) to be able to reach me no matter where I am on campus. After we moved out to the country, our cell phones completely replaced our landline due to AT&T's uberhigh price for basic (non-LD) service and the line to our house being "out of date".

However, I'm still very careful about giving out my number since I do not believe I am someone important enough to need to be reached 24 hours a day. On most things I fill out, I fill in my work number for my daytime phone and leave the evening and cell phone fields blank.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We just renewed our contract this weekend because my teenage daughter literally wore her phone out!

If I had my druthers, I wouldn't even have one of the damned things. :hellno: But, Mrs GED insists on knowing where I am at all times. :rolleyes2

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even I can answer that, your at the donut shop, stuffing your gut at an all you can eat place, the gun store, looper leather, or work and probably in that exact order!

Lol sorry but that was too good to pass up. :buttkick::smash:

Yeah...you're probably right.

All except for Looper's. I haven't been there in awhile. I really need to go back for a visit. :D

planefixr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You and me both. My S&W 66 needs a new dress. She has a cheap $12 gunshow leather holster at the moment. (besides that it has lost the new leather smell)

** now post thread Hijack, I carry a cell phone everywhere. I went without one for quite a while but after a couple instances where I needed one I decided it just did'nt make sense not to have one as pay phones are few and far in between these days.

allotrope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend carrying a cell phone, and not just any cell phone, a cell phone with video recording capabilities (with a high volume memory card). It’s always a wise a decision to be prepared, you know the Boy Scout motto, and video tape any type of situation that might later arise in court which especially includes any type of confrontation with the police. I’m always very discrete and not obnoxious about it, because after all, no expects that they are being recorded when someone has their cell phone propped up next to them or held low in their hand.

AU_K9s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
agravitasfreezone.files.wordpress.com_2008_03_gun_cell_phone.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom