Carrying guns inside restaurants that serve alcohol could be next

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I thought Oklahomans could already CCW in an establishment that got less than half its income from akihol?

[Begin Quote]
Carrying guns inside restaurants that serve alcohol could be next in Oklahoma, according to KOCO-TV in Oklahoma CIty.

The state House passed through the measure. People still won't be allowed to bring guns into bars, but the bill would allow people to do so at restaurants that serve alcohol or a bar that gets less than half its profits from alcohol sales.

It still needs to go to the Senate and Governor Kevin Stitt's desk before it could be law.
[End Quote]
https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/bill-to-allow-guns-in-restaurant-bars-passes-oklahoma-house

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's about allowing people with guns in the bar area of restaurants that serve food, like Chilis.
As long as serving alcohol isn't more that 50% of their business.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless they have a bouncer and are frisking folks I'm curious as to how someone thinks this is an actual issue that needed to be addressed.

I mean we've probably all carried without issues in some of these places . . .

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's about allowing people with guns in the bar area of restaurants that serve food, like Chilis.
As long as serving alcohol isn't more that 50% of their business.

Egh, I’m pretty sure it’s to just level the playing field between permit holders and non permit holders in the actual restaurant section of a restaurant that serves alcohol because if I’m not mistaken, the bar area of Chili’s or any other restaurant like that that has a designated bar area is still considered a bar. In other words, when you walk into a Chili’s for example, and the section that’s kinda isolated near the bar, should be an area that’s off limits to guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is for people that are relying on so called "constitutional carry" to defend themselves. People that have an SDA license can already carry in bar/restaurant with sales of alcohol being less than half of their profits.
And it was an oversight that the CC law was passed this way. This is getting much backlash from restaurants as it make those that do not have a permit not want to visit and spend their money.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And it was an oversight that the CC law was passed this way. This is getting much backlash from restaurants as it make those that do not have a permit not want to visit and spend their money.

There was some talk as soon as constitutional carry was passed that there needed to be some "clean up". This sounds to me like that.
Yep

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Are you sure it was an oversight? Apparently Oklahoma isn’t the only state to do this. Arizona does this as well.

But I agree, I don’t understand the true meaning of why there would be anything a non-permit holder can’t do that a permit holder can do, other than to promote the continuation of sales of permission slips. Just like with the reciprocity thing; they could stand to greatly reduce the hoops and the cost of permits for that since they let every other legal person carry for free within our border but it’s all in the name of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom