Carrying guns inside restaurants that serve alcohol could be next

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you conceal it and its seen on accident, your going to get a visit from the men in blue, not just a trespass violation either. ask the auditor that went to Twin Peaks. I think he's still in jail?

But he wasn’t trying to conceal that rifle, tho... Or is this a different incident you’re talking about, because all I can find about an auditor who got into trouble carrying a gun into a twin peaks restaurant was one who ever so foolishly did it with a rifle.

But hey, I don’t expect you to agree with it and I know it’s still against the law regardless but if you properly conceal your.... pistol, nobody will ever know that you have it until that time comes to where you have to use it and then in that case if you do, hopefully things will be on your side; ie, saving the day, preventing a crime- and well if it’s not, how does the saying go?.... I’d rather be judged by 12, than carried out by 6??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but my understanding is the question is how much of their TOTAL revenue is from alcohol sales, and it probably doesn't make any difference whether it's sold at a table or a bar. My understanding is the same as yours as far as if their total revenue is less than half, you can carry with a permit but not without right now. I assume that's what this bill seeks to clarify by making it consistent.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I understand it, if I go into Texas Roadhouse (clearly a restaurant with a bar seating section) with out a permit, I'm in violation.
That’s not what I’m asking because Texas Roadhouse is not a bar....or is it? Or is it really the one and only thing that truly sets a food-serving bar and an alcohol-serving restaurant apart is which one gets the majority of their profits from food or alcohol?

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you conceal it and its seen on accident, your going to get a visit from the men in blue, not just a trespass violation either. ask the auditor that went to Twin Peaks. I think he's still in jail?

If I'm not mistaken, he was carrying a rifle. Carry provisions of the SDA do not cover rifles, only handguns.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s not what I’m asking because Texas Roadhouse is not a bar....or is it? Or is it really the one and only thing that truly sets a food-serving bar and an alcohol-serving restaurant apart is which one gets the majority of their profits from food or alcohol?

That's correct. Greater than 50% of sales from alcohol (or low point beer) = Bar.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt, but my understanding is the question is how much of their TOTAL revenue is from alcohol sales, and it probably doesn't make any difference whether it's sold at a table or a bar. My understanding is the same as yours as far as if their total revenue is less than half, you can carry with a permit but not without right now. I assume that's what this bill seeks to clarify by making it consistent.

See, that’s kinda what I thought, was that irregardless of how they may have their bar situated, as long as it’s not a separately-owned bar inside a restaurant, it shouldn’t matter how they define it that basically if it’s a restaurant that serves alcohol, ya can, and more than likely if it’s a bar that serves food then probably not.

But yeah, it would be nice if they do change that because it’s unfair to the folks who wish to take advantage of our new liberty and can’t when the majority of the remaining and continuing permit holders who still do it just for reciprocity reasons, can.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The way the law reads now for "constitutional carry " you can't go in anywhere alcohol is served regardless of percentage.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I said
I think it's about allowing people with guns in the bar area of restaurants that serve food, like Chilis.
As long as serving alcohol isn't more that 50% of their business.

The article says
People still won't be allowed to bring guns into bars, but the bill would allow people to do so at restaurants that serve alcohol or a bar that gets less than half its profits from alcohol sales.

How is what I said wrong?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you read what I wrote, you'll see I'm comparing a bar and a restaurant. TR is not a bar but they have one.
Reading comprehension.

Latest posts

Top Bottom