Carrying guns inside restaurants that serve alcohol could be next

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I answered that question precisely and clearly. Its clear to my reading comprehension 5th grade level.

No. All you did was say that if you went into the bar section of an alcohol serving restaurant without a permit that you’d be in violation and yes, that part is true because unless this passes, it doesn’t matter about the “bar section”- if that truly is a whole different ball park org he whole dining room area.

Again, I was simply asking if that “bar area” was it’s own area that was off limits to ALL GUNS, not just permitted ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was openly carrying a pistol

Hmm, if you’re talking about that Timothy Harper guy, the two articles that I’ve read already so far mentioned nothing about an openly-carried pistol, they just say rifle. But whether or not he did, what difference does it make? He was openly carrying something, for all the world to see, in I’m assuming an alcohol-consuming restaurant and he got busted because of no permit.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm, if you’re talking about that Timothy Harper guy, the two articles that I’ve read already so far mentioned nothing about an openly-carried pistol, they just say rifle. But whether or not he did, what difference does it make? He was openly carrying something, for all the world to see, in I’m assuming an alcohol-consuming restaurant and he got busted because of no permit.

IdK what articles you read. I didnt read it, I saw the pictures of him holding a rifle and could clearly see a damn pistol.
I'm done arguing with you

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. All you did was say that if you went into the bar section of an alcohol serving restaurant without a permit that you’d be in violation and yes, that part is true because unless this passes, it doesn’t matter about the “bar section”- if that truly is a whole different ball park org he whole dining room area.

Again, I was simply asking if that “bar area” was it’s own area that was off limits to ALL GUNS, not just permitted ones.

I answered that for someone else but you may have missed it.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IdK what articles you read. I didnt read it, I saw the pictures of him holding a rifle and could clearly see a damn pistol.
I'm done arguing with you

Whatever, at this point I’m starting to believe that you’d probably argue with a damn fence post because if you go all the way back up to when you quoted what preacherman said about how concealed means concealed, it was right then and there when you started this whole mess when you for some silly reason brought this rifle-carrying guy up.... for why?

Once again, whether he was open carrying a handgun or not, his story is irrelevant to the “concealed means concealed” argument because he was open carrying! Your attempt at proving a point failed miserably so get over it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever, at this point I’m starting to believe that you’d probably argue with a damn fence post because if you go all the way back up to when you quoted what preacherman said about how concealed means concealed, it was right then and there when you started this whole mess when you for some silly reason brought this rifle-carrying guy up.... for why?

Once again, whether he was open carrying a handgun or not, his story is irrelevant to the “concealed means concealed” argument because he was open carrying! Your attempt at proving a point failed miserably so get over it.

I was replying to your question and someone else brought the rifle up dude.

Last edited:

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I answered that for someone else but you may have missed it.

Well I guess I must’ve missed it but whatever, I think it’s already been kind of answered by other people anyway that whether or not there’s a bar section in an alcohol serving restaurant, probably doesn’t matter because whether you’re consuming alcohol at the restaurant bar, or at a restaurant table, what difference does it make? For now if you have a permit you can, and that until this passes, if you don’t have a permit, you can’t.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
doesn’t matter because whether you’re consuming alcohol at the restaurant bar, or at a restaurant table, what difference does it make? For now if you have a permit you can, and that until this passes, if you don’t have a permit, you can’t.

I hope you rethink what you just said and to clarify for future readers, this is BLATANTLY wrong.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1290.3 AUTHORITY TO ISSUE LICENSE The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is hereby authorized to license an eligible person to carry a concealed or unconcealed handgun as provided by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act. The authority of the Bureau shall be limited to the provisions specifically provided in the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act. The Bureau shall promulgate rules, forms and procedures necessary to implement the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.

TITLE 21 § 1272.1 CARRYING FIREARMS WHERE LIQUOR IS CONSUMED A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry or possess any weapon designated in Section 1272 of this title in any establishment where low-point beer, as defined by Section 163.2 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, or alcoholic beverages, as defined by Section 506 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, are consumed. This provision shall not apply to a peace officer, as defined in Section 99 of this title, or to private investigators with a firearms authorization when acting in the scope and course of employment, and shall not apply to an owner or proprietor of the establishment having a pistol, rifle, or shotgun on the premises. Provided however, a person possessing a valid handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act may carry the concealed or unconcealed handgun into any restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense low-point beer or alcoholic beverages where the sale of low-point beer or alcoholic beverages does not constitute the primary purpose of the business. Provided further, nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any peace officer in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages, except in the authorized line of duty as an undercover officer. Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any private investigator with a firearms authorization in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages in any establishment where low-point beer or alcoholic beverages are consumed. B. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be punished as provided in Section 1272.2 of this title

Latest posts

Top Bottom