Carrying guns inside restaurants that serve alcohol could be next

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and I found this.
TITLE 21 § 1289.9 Carrying Weapons Under Influence of Alchohol
It is illegal to carry or use a weapon while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or prescription drugs when such medications affect mental, emotional, or physical processes. Carrying under the influence is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of $50 to $500 and a jail term of 10 days to 6 months.

Anbd this

Carrying Firearms Where Liquor is Consumed (Title 21 § 1272.1)
Even if a person has a proper license and permit for open or concealed carry, it is a felony to carry a weapon into an establishment where low-point beer or alcohol is consumed. Carrying a weapon where liquor is consumed is punishable by 1 to 2 years in prison.

However, if drinking is not the primary purpose of the business, a person who is licensed to carry pursuant to the OSDA it may lawfully carry his or her weapon. This statute exempts law enforcement officers and owners of a bar or drinking establishment who keep a weapon on the premises.

https://www.oklahoma-criminal-defense.com/crimes/gun-laws

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one is arguing that being intoxicated with a firearm is illegal.

We're talking about having a glass of wine or a beer with your meal in a restaurant where that's an option. If you're safe enough to drive a 3,000 lb vehicle at highway speed, it shouldn't affect your judgement with a firearm.

I'll gladly defer to an OK law that directly addresses this issue.
:drunk2:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one is arguing that being intoxicated with a firearm is illegal.

We're talking about having a glass of wine or a beer with your meal in a restaurant where that's an option. If you're safe enough to drive a 3,000 lb vehicle at highway speed, it shouldn't affect your judgement with a firearm.

I'll gladly defer to an OK law that directly addresses this issue.
I KNOW DUDE
lol
This is all I could fin in the 3 spare minutes I had ATM
Its a gray area Id say, do it at your own rish?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to this question but I have to ask... from the previously posted part of the act, why would it specifically say nothing in this section authorizes a peace officer or private investigator to drink while in possession of a weapon if ANYONE ELSE is authorized to drink while in possession?

I'm thinking there must be a prohibition SOMEWHERE, otherwise this means that ONLY peace officers and private investigators are prohibited from drinking unless they do so in the line of duty, but anyone else can under any circumstance. That doesn't make sense.

Maybe I'll have time to re-read the whole act tomorrow...

>>>>
Provided further, nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any peace officer in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages, except in the authorized line of duty as an undercover officer. Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any private investigator with a firearms authorization in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages in any establishment where low-point beer or alcoholic beverages are consumed.
<<<<<

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking there must be a prohibition SOMEWHERE, otherwise this means that ONLY peace officers and private investigators are prohibited from drinking unless they do so in the line of duty, but anyone else can under any circumstance. That doesn't make sense.
It makes perfect sense to me, because those are both (IIRC?) officers of the court.

Other than in an approved undercover operation for LEOs, it is simply drinking on the job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom