Carrying Rush's torch - The man is gone to a better place looking down but...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rush Limbaugh lived a good life and was a righteous man. He saw good and extolled it. He saw evil and exposed it. The man is gone but his show lives on through an assemblage of guest guides they capriciously thumb through Rush's archives attempting to insert the great one's quotes to today's woes.

I see this as a finite resource however much they want Rush to still give his brilliant guidance and take on the world's problems, I can see a dwindling following of which I am one.

I also know there will never be another Maha -Rushie "America's Anchorman, Rush Limbaugh, also known as: America's Truth Detector; the Doctor of Democracy; the Most Dangerous Man in America; the All-Knowing, All-Sensing, All-Everything Maha Rushie; defender of motherhood, protector of fatherhood and an all-around good guy."

I also see the guest guides as a sort of OJT internship / application for his show as a permanent replacement which is of course inevitable.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dan Bongino is taking that time slot beginning on May 24th. If you've never listened to his podcast, he is definately one of the best out there. He has the 2nd largest audience of all political podcasts, and the single largest growth in political podcast listenership over the past 2 years. Let's state the obvious - he's not Rush. He won't claim to be though either. Dan is an ex-cop, ex-secret service who was on presidential protection detail, and a laundry list of other things. He tells it like he sees it, and produces a very informative show. If you're on the fence about him, please give him a shot. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

FYI - he stated that his upcoming show will NOT be his podcast, but an entirely separate show. He'll be doing both apparently, which will be quite the task.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Following the lead of two other COX MEDIA GROUP News-Talk stations, KRMG-A-F/TULSA is opting to drop the posthumous guest-host-plus-clips version of PREMIERE NETWORKS' "THE RUSH LIMBAUGH SHOW," replacing it with a simulcast of sister News-Talk WOKV-F/JACKSONVILLE's "THE MARK KAYE SHOW," beginning APRIL 12th.

KAYE is also replacing LIMBAUGH at WOKV; sister WSB-A-WSBB (95.5 WSB)/ATLANTA also dropped the LIMBAUGH show and replaced it with local host ERICK ERICKSON moving from afternoon drive.

So far I really like Kayne.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Following the lead of two other COX MEDIA GROUP News-Talk stations, KRMG-A-F/TULSA is opting to drop the posthumous guest-host-plus-clips version of PREMIERE NETWORKS' "THE RUSH LIMBAUGH SHOW," replacing it with a simulcast of sister News-Talk WOKV-F/JACKSONVILLE's "THE MARK KAYE SHOW," beginning APRIL 12th.

KAYE is also replacing LIMBAUGH at WOKV; sister WSB-A-WSBB (95.5 WSB)/ATLANTA also dropped the LIMBAUGH show and replaced it with local host ERICK ERICKSON moving from afternoon drive.

So far I really like Kayne.
Maybe it was just me in the big city but last Friday I hated what I heard. It was like a radio morning show where each other needed to one up the other. 740/102.3

Latest posts

Top Bottom