Cars that have gone 1 millon miles or more

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Half a million isn’t that hard to get out of a lot of the Toyota’s especially the 4cyl models. Lots of vehicles can go for a long time, the difference is the Toyota won’t need much during that time.
That’s the difference, less repairs for Toyota’s in my experience. Next year I’ll retire & won’t need 3 cars, so I’ll have to sell either my 08 rav4 4cyl or my 05 Trailblazer 6cyl. Both with 85k miles, 2wd, base models & very good condition. Unsure which one to sell. The blazer is bigger & more comfortable but prob not as reliable.

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
volvo.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Couple of those were kind of surprising.

My 03' f250 6.0l had 333k when I sold it running good, and a 02' Excursion 7.3l with just over 300k when sold. Always wondered how long they lasted or if they're still on the road. My wife commuted in a 1993 2D Pontiac Grand Am 4cyl, 5sp manual. We sold it to a HS kid with 345k on it for $400 and he drove it for another 10y lol. I saw him a few years ago and asked him how miles were on it when he retired it. He said the speedometer quit right after he bought it from us and never fixed it lol. He was guessing around 750k.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a '98 Cummins that I sold several years back with 480k on it. Now I have a '19 Cummins with 47k and I'd have traded it in this summer if there was a new one to buy. Life is too short to drive old junk.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I had a 1990 Geo Metro that had 998K miles on it when we sold it in 2003 before being transferred home to Oklahoma. Made several trips from Jacksonville to OKC, Jacksonville to Stevens Point WI, and three cross country trips from Jacksonville to Tacoma Washington. Althogh the car was reliable, I do NOT recommend a cross country trip in one. Especially with a toddler 😩.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I had a 1990 Geo Metro that had 998K miles on it when we sold it in 2003 before being transferred home to Oklahoma. Made several trips from Jacksonville to OKC, Jacksonville to Stevens Point WI, and three cross country trips from Jacksonville to Tacoma Washington. Althogh the car was reliable, I do NOT recommend a cross country trip in one. Especially with a toddler 😩.
Wow. Did it have 3cylinders? They’re not bad cars at all. I wouldn’t mind having one of the convertible models.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a girlfriend in high school who's dad was a retired fighter pilot. He had one of those Mercedes diesel sedans that had somewhere around the 700k mile mark when I was dating her. I've never kept a vehicle that long.

I have a 2017 F250 with 22,100 miles on it and a 2018 Cruze with about 29,000 miles on it. I just don't drive a lot these days.
Dang, you don't drive a lot. Our 2020 F-250 rolled over 30,000 miles last week at less than a year old.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I had 276k on my SportTrac before I shelled out a transmission and I thought that was a ton.
A few years ago, there was a guy on one of the F-150 forums who had over 300,000mi on his one-owner '12 5.0. He took it in for an oil change, and they neglected to reinstall the drain plug. He was not a happy camper. He got a new engine out of the deal, but he was really trying to see how many miles he could get out of his truck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom