Cars you regret selling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had several. Defenders, Discoveries, and full sized Range Rovers. Despite their reputation, other than a couple of air suspension issues (on the automatic leveling), I’ve never had any problems with any of them. The 4x4 performance is pretty awesome, and they do well in the snow and ice.
Wife is just into the looks.
The off road is on me.
Tulsa trip is not happening. Maybe later.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm not quite regretting it yet, but I'm sure I will in the future. Yesterday I sold my 1968 Mustang that my wife and I got for our 10 year wedding anniversary 11 years ago. I always said I would never sell it, but this past year I realized that I wasn't getting much joy of it. For the last 10 years I've been trying to get it reliable and I've never quite been able to.
My wife and I recently started daydreaming about a small travel trailer that we can take vacations in. So, much to her surprise, I buttoned up everything I could on the Mustang and listed it for sale last Sunday. I got a bunch of hits and quite a few (online) tire kickers, but by Monday evening I had a promising buyer (and his dad) coming to look at it. He offered me full price with no haggling if I'd hold it for him for a couple of days. I figured I wasn't in a hurry, so if he flaked I would just be out a week of trying to sell it. Yesterday his dad came by and delivered the cashiers check and rolled off with my dream car.

Today my wife and I went and bought ourselves a nice little travel trailer. Soon we'll be off having great memory making adventures. Or at least we'll be "glamping" at Lake Thunderbird. 😁
Dang it, why didn’t you post it on here! My dads been looking for one for a while now. He hasn’t seen one on Craigslist which is where he primarily looks. I keep an eye out on here and Facebook, but Facecrook is extremely hit or miss on what shows up.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang it, why didn’t you post it on here! My dads been looking for one for a while now. He hasn’t seen one on Craigslist which is where he primarily looks. I keep an eye out on here and Facebook, but Facecrook is extremely hit or miss on what shows up.
Honestly, if it hadn't gone as quickly as it did, I had planned on it.
Depending on what condition he is looking for, I know there are a couple listed on Facebook right now.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, if it hadn't gone as quickly as it did, I had planned on it.
Depending on what condition he is looking for, I know there are a couple listed on Facebook right now.
He’s looking for a driver/20 footer. He’s to old to be working on them and I sadly don’t have the time to get one done for him.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my (much) better half and I purchased a travel trailer many years ago, we were advised to take weekend trip someplace nearby. That would give us the opportunity to figure out how to use the trailer, what we needed, find any problems, etc.

I hooked that thing up and we went to Minnesota.

We shoulda gone to Thunderbird...
Lots of good stories about people that are not acustrtomed to handling big vehicles, getting an RV. Some Bl.i uegrass Festiv;es have literally hundreds of campers, and it's quite a show just to walk around and saede what has happened, back glasses on pick ups knocked out by improperly installed 5th wheel hitches, sound like dove season!

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He’s looking for a driver/20 footer. He’s to old to be working on them and I sadly don’t have the time to get one done for him.
Unfortunately most of what I'm finding on Facebook these days would take more work than you seem to want (understandably so). But, Facebook is a pretty decent place to look these days. I've found Craigslist to be a pain in the hindquarters because now they seem to be charging for listings. Almost nothing but dealer listings on there these days it seems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom