Cars you regret selling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1967 Corvette 327/350. It had a lot of issues, but when it ran, it was wonderful. Just got tired of it being a money sink.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was there a Lotus dealer in OK then?
I couldn't say. I bought mine used in Massachusetts in 1971 with a "blown" engine. It had a broken ring on one of the pistons. A little cylinder honing, fit new rings, and it was good as new! (It was the only car I ever owned that could reach the red line in 4th gear!)

Woody

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. It was almost mint with 86k. I picked it up cheap and drove it about 6 months. Someone asked if it was for sale. I said yes and put a crazy big number out there and the guy said OK. I got about 3 times what it was worth. That was in 2004. If I still had it, it would be worth 20 times what I paid for it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
71 Roadrunner 440 / 727.
16yo kid came by, I wouldn't sell it to him.
The next Saturday, he came back, had cash in hand. I wouldn't sell it to him.
Tues evening, he shows up with Daddy. Told him I wouldn't sell it to him. He insisted. Doubled price. I took it.
Saturday morning, headed to work, I see my Roadrunner wrapped around a telephone pole.

I didn't put a price in the paper.
I bought for $1600, 2 years before, from my boss, 1973.
Told the kid $2400.
Daddy paid $3200.

Latest posts

Top Bottom