Cars you regret selling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidH1

Marksman
Reaction score
I had 3, I kick myself for selling. But I was young and dumb. 1963 Chevy Impala SS, 1966 Plymouth Satellite sport convertible, 1971 Dodge Demon 340 sixpack, I never thought at that time they'd be collector items. But I had fun in them and life makes us learn from it.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After I rolled my '65 mustang (night of my 18th birthday, April of '71) 3 times sideways and once end over end, I bought a '67 Corvette convertible 4 speed 327 engine with the insurance money. Loved that car, never really dated in highschool but after I got it I had dates most every night for some reason

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold a 1975 CJ5 in 1991 when my wife was pregnant with our first son, and it still pains me.

I got my oil changed in my 1 ton yesterday at the local Ford dealership, and they had this on the lot. It’s a 1973 CJ5 with less than 3000 original miles. It was supposedly found in local barn and had to be restored due to rodent damage. I would love to have it, but they want $14k for it. :ooh2:
BAC6C4DD-6D38-42ED-841F-372C64E36340.jpeg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My FIRST new vehicle coming out of college was a 1975 El Camino.......tho' I liked the body styles of the earlier ones, I loved this vehicle. A couple of years ago I ran across this '72 for sale. I couldn't right the check quick enough
t

Attachments

• 1972 El Camino.JPG
    1972 El Camino.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 58

MadMonk67

Marksman
Reaction score
Oh, if I could go back in time to stop myself from doing something dumb.

I had a1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. It was orange with black vinyl top, had the 350 "Golden Rocket" engine and was loads of fun to cruise around in.

I sold it for a pittance because I wanted some nice custom wheels for my brand new GMC pick up. The pickup turned out to be a giant turd on wheels and that Cutlass would be worth $20k+ today.

<sigh>

icarus_85

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, what is a car that you have regretted selling? Me, I have a few. The biggest would be my 84 mustang GT I sold for peanuts back in 2010. I had about $7,000 in it. At that time I sold my entire gun collection to hotrod it. I bought it from a member here after I saw it sitting in his shop. The only reason I sold it was because I needed a better daily driver car to get back and forth to work. My 88 mercury cougar was on its last legs and I knew it wasn't going to last much longer. And I wasn't going to drive my mustang back And forth to work.

Like an idiot back in 2010 I sold my 2001 F-150 to a dealer for peanuts because I was extremely broke. It was a 4.2 V6 and got 17 mpg. That's back when gas was getting ridiculous, couldn't afford to drive it anymore. My demon ex had My electric shut off because it was in her name. When she left she had the electric shut off. So, I had to come up with a $400 electric deposit quick.

My grandpa's 87 Chevy Silverado 350 long bed he gave me with a grenaded transmission. Sold it because it got 10 mpg and I had just bought a 01 F-150. So, I didn't need two gas hog trucks. I spent $1,000 putting a new 700R4 in it. I should have kept it because I had a lot of memories driving back and forth to NSU with my grandpa to pick up my mom from college. Listening to KBEZ the entire time, him telling his silly jokes. For the longest time it sat at a house at 13th and yale. Tried to contact the owner but they would never answer the door. The last time I saw it it still had the cragar wheels and BFG 275-60-15 tires on it.

My senior year of high school I had a 92 Lincoln town car. Burgundy red with gray leather interior, power everything etc. Nice car! I sold it to buy a POS 86 toyota supra. as of a few years ago I still saw it around town. Haven't seen it in several years though.

those are mine. Feel free to post yours.
Just two. A 1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport hardtop. It was my moms car and my first. A 1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28. My first car that I bought myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom