Cars you regret selling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, what is a car that you have regretted selling? Me, I have a few. The biggest would be my 84 mustang GT I sold for peanuts back in 2010. I had about $7,000 in it. At that time I sold my entire gun collection to hotrod it. I bought it from a member here after I saw it sitting in his shop. The only reason I sold it was because I needed a better daily driver car to get back and forth to work. My 88 mercury cougar was on its last legs and I knew it wasn't going to last much longer. And I wasn't going to drive my mustang back And forth to work.

Like an idiot back in 2010 I sold my 2001 F-150 to a dealer for peanuts because I was extremely broke. It was a 4.2 V6 and got 17 mpg. That's back when gas was getting ridiculous, couldn't afford to drive it anymore. My demon ex had My electric shut off because it was in her name. When she left she had the electric shut off. So, I had to come up with a $400 electric deposit quick.

My grandpa's 87 Chevy Silverado 350 long bed he gave me with a grenaded transmission. Sold it because it got 10 mpg and I had just bought a 01 F-150. So, I didn't need two gas hog trucks. I spent $1,000 putting a new 700R4 in it. I should have kept it because I had a lot of memories driving back and forth to NSU with my grandpa to pick up my mom from college. Listening to KBEZ the entire time, him telling his silly jokes. For the longest time it sat at a house at 13th and yale. Tried to contact the owner but they would never answer the door. The last time I saw it it still had the cragar wheels and BFG 275-60-15 tires on it.

My senior year of high school I had a 92 Lincoln town car. Burgundy red with gray leather interior, power everything etc. Nice car! I sold it to buy a POS 86 toyota supra. as of a few years ago I still saw it around town. Haven't seen it in several years though.

those are mine. Feel free to post yours.
I regret selling my 89 GMC short bed back in 1998 or 1999 . . . I don't know that I would still have it today, but I should've held on to it longer.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I would've kept my 80 series Land Cruiser. I have bought a new F150 since then and an 02 Tacoma and both of them feel "cheap" compared to the 80.

1629293972857.png

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
>showing this thread to my gf as she says "what are ever going to do with all these broken down cars in the garage?"

NEVER SELL. i should be collecting more Miata's. anything that isn't "practical" yet maintains high demand. you can also find people looking to get rid of them quick.

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL I enjoyed reading the above posts. Our old cars and trucks gimme a warm feeling.
My 54 Olds painted 62 Chevy Red, had just installed nice pleated green upholstery (car was green) so it caused lots of comments. Black wheels and Baby Moons. Loved it as my HS ride in the 60’s.

my 36 Chevy w/54 Corvette cam was cool. It was stolen and I saw it in the Movie The Russians Are Coming. Freaked me out to see it 🥴

GLGAR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many old man regrets. 56 Victoria Hard Top 312 ci, 3 Stomberg 97’s and a floor shift 3 speed, 58 Corvette, 4 speed 270 hp, 65 Mustang GT 4 speed 271 K motor added a Paxton Super Charger, 67 Firebird 400 HO 4 speed, 69 Charger 500 426 Hemi Tourqeflight, 90 T Bird SC 5 speed with the factory super charger. All bought new, drove hard, sold too soon and way too cheap. Odd thing is my current Accord 2.0 turbo 4 cyl 10 speed is probably as quick to 60 and a 1/4 mile, but not near as much fun to drive.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
None personally, but I wish my folks hadn't sold their 70' fastback mustang, 351, near mint condition. Sold it in 1984 to buy a bronco. The guy they sold it to crashed it about a month later. It was hauled to a pasture where it would sit for the next few years. Dad tried to buy it back but they wouldn't sell. They moved and took it with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom