Cars you regret selling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My biggest regret purchase was the 2001 Cadillac STS. Biggest POS I have ever owned. The worst part was I got rid of a 2000 loaded Honda Accord EX which was in perfect condition and never gave me a problem.
After that I ended up with a Ford Five Hundred AWD it was a FANTASTIC vehicle. Wold go anywhere and other than an engine mount, gave me 180,000 carefree miles. Got rid of it when I got the hankering for a Lexus LS. Still to this day, if I could find a good condition Ford Five Hundred Limited AWD, I would snatch it up in
Lexus LS are good cars. There is a million mile Lexus LS400 out there. Matt Farah owned it and he gave it to car youtuber tavarish.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Chickasaw friend of mine told me that his elders never sold or got rid of a vehicle because they considered them to be 'family'. Good or bad, they would never part with anyone from their family.

Your friend must also have relatives in Alabama. In working there and driving so many roads, I'm amazed at the number of homes out in the country that have multiple cars sitting on their property. We even went by one place and what struck me was a lawn tractor sitting in the front yard with grown up grass right around it. The rest of the yard was mowed, but apparently they decided to not even try to "hide" the lawn tractor.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy has this car for sale locally. How long before he regrets selling it?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...ty-ok-73179?searchRadius=50&clickType=listing

43695696880.592120621.IM1.02.1024x757_A.1024x950.jpg

43695696881.592120621.IM1.03.1024x756_A.1024x683.jpg

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bright Red 1995 Pontiac SLP Firehawk with black leather interior. I bought it to replace my 10-Second Black Firebird Formula, but didn't have the heart to cut it up to put in the roll-cage to make it a street strip car. Ended up selling it and buying a roller Z28 to put everything in.

David

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold a 1975 CJ5 in 1991 when my wife was pregnant with our first son, and it still pains me.

I got my oil changed in my 1 ton yesterday at the local Ford dealership, and they had this on the lot. It’s a 1973 CJ5 with less than 3000 original miles. It was supposedly found in local barn and had to be restored due to rodent damage. I would love to have it, but they want $14k for it. :ooh2:
View attachment 218769
What dealership, town is that? Might be interested. Thanks for the find.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 1955 Chevy 2 door post.. It had a six cylinder engine that didn't use oil (this was in 1964) and an overdrive transmission! It would tick down the road with that overdrive. I had the seats recovered at Beam's in OKC, moon hubcaps. It quit one day for for reason on a drive and I didn't know what to look for and stupidly, I traded it off for a Corvair. Probably the fuel pump was going out and at that time it would have cost around $6.00 for a replacement. Ah well, you live and then you die. I'm sure int he condition that it was in the dealer sold it for a handsome profit...

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can honestly say I don’t regret selling any vehicle I have owned. Cars have always just been a means of transport to me. I drive them until the wheels are ready to fall off and then get rid of them. Firearms have always been my passion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom