Cars you regret selling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkade

Marksman
Reaction score
1984 Chevy Silverado Long Bed 2-Tone Blue. I saw it on the news a year later. It had my Pimp sticker in the back window. Some dude wasn't getting paid from some business he had or something and Blamo there it was. I paid 1,000 for it. Sold it for 700 and put 200,000 miles on it. Can't get deals like that anymore.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had many neat hot rods, and muscle cars, in my wasted youth. '63 early Ford 406 w 3 twos, and four speed, '63 Plymouth Fury 383, with 4 speed, a '55 Austin Healey w/ a 327, 4 speed, and others. This was back in the 1960's, and I thought I was quite the Hot Rodder! Now I'm old, and finially have a little exrtra cash, so I got the bright idea I wanted another Hot Rod. I found a neat 1931 ford coupe, hot rod that had been on the cover of Hot Rod Magazine back in the 1980's. We went up to Kansas to look at, and drive, this car, This had been something special in It's day, and was still a nice car, that just needed some up dating, to be a good driver. These things are smaller than I remember. My wife and I drove this hot rod down the road, looking pretty cool, and turned around, and I stopped on the shoulder to look for leaks, after it got warmed up. I had to get in, and out, of this like putting on/off a coat. I must have been standing on the running board while backing out of this thing, and thought I was on the ground, I fell backward flat of my back, right out into the traffic lane! Kinda knocked the wind out of me, but lucky there were no concrete truck close, that would have run over me. traffic was stopping, and people gawking, at a 75 year old man crawling around in the road, gathering up my cap, and glasses, then crawling back to the hot rod, so I could get up. I expected to see this on Youtube videos any day, but haven't yet! While I was wormimg my way back to the car, A thought occured to me, that I could be just a little too old to take on a new hobby! This pleased my wife greatly, but I always have had to learn everyrthing the hard way! This was a neat car!
1667166649030.png

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
85 Monte Carlo SS had a 400 skinny and a manual 5 speed conversion. Super fun to drive
2013 Toyota Tundra 4x4 with lots of suspension goodies.
I would way overpay to have either of those back in my life
#2 is why I’m keeping my 07 Tundra 4wd 5.7 DC, especially when I looked at 2022 Tundra…. Keeping the old one!

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My list:
1977 Toyota Celica hatchback 5 so manual 20R
1977 Toyota FJ55 Landcruiser- bought from original owner in 1985 with 53k mi and 2 ft thick file folder for every penny spent. Purchased bone stock, added 53 gal fuel tank, under dash AC, warn 8k winch, Fairey OD kit, header, etc…great vehicle sold it after trying to pull out stump and I fried the rear end, with 2 little kids at home I sold it broken for more than I paid for it in 1991.
1981 Chev C-20 Custom deluxe, 305 v8 with the hoss 4sp man w/granny. Plain Jane solid truck, sold it and a 1972 Datsun 510 (fun little car) to buy the Landcruiser.

This is sad to have to type up all these great memories- back then vehicles had character- nowadays they all look alike!

Latest posts

Top Bottom