Case Hardened Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else a fan of case hardened guns? Haven't had this out for a while, but came across it pulling some things out and need to take it to the range again. Model 22 Smith and Wesson in 45 ACP

View attachment 234063
There was one on the old Kansas forum once that I was seriously looking at. This was the same model as yours only it had the 5 1/2" barrel.

As it happens, I have two Model 22 wheelies, one 4" and the other 5 1/2", both of them blue.

This is my 5 1/2"

thumbnail_img_0289-1-jpg.183934

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a guy named Bobby Tyler in Texas that does CCH, it looks a little different than Turnbull. Tyler Gun works I believe is the name of his company. He was setup at the Tulsa show a couple years ago.
Tyler is the best. He does factory hardening for several manufacturers. His website and social media are absolutely worth browsing.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tyler is the best. He does factory hardening for several manufacturers. His website and social media are absolutely worth browsing.
I check his website from time to time. I have a model 58 Smith I've thought about sending to him for a cc frame and re blue the rest.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love case hardened firearms. Now I only have my father's cheap old SAA 357 but I have had a few thru the years.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking a classic 1911 to the next level without diminishing its history is no easy feat, but adding an even more classic finish formally raises the bar. Auto-Ordnance has done just that with the new GI Series 1911 in .45 ACP with case hardened finish. This time honored tradition of working steel produces distinct and unique patterns of color long sought after by firearms aficionados. The Auto-Ordnance Case Hardened 1911s are each a work of art, covered in a beautiful, swirling finish. Includes a 7-round magazine, a checkered wood grips.

- Ares Armory sales pitch
FB_IMG_1638570014511.jpg
FB_IMG_1638570011716.jpg
FB_IMG_1638570008497.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom