Case Hardened Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always appreciated CCH as well, but I always wondered how tough they are against the elements and rust.
I know Ruger had some sort of color case finish on the old Vaquero's, it didn't seem to last very well. I think it all depends on hard you on them. My Vaquero still looks great but I've seen others that it has mostly come off of.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uberti 1873 Cattleman 12-Shot .22LR
Uberti-1873-Cattleman-12-Shot-.22-LR-Caliber-Revolver.jpg

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Taking a classic 1911 to the next level without diminishing its history is no easy feat, but adding an even more classic finish formally raises the bar. Auto-Ordnance has done just that with the new GI Series 1911 in .45 ACP with case hardened finish. This time honored tradition of working steel produces distinct and unique patterns of color long sought after by firearms aficionados. The Auto-Ordnance Case Hardened 1911s are each a work of art, covered in a beautiful, swirling finish. Includes a 7-round magazine, a checkered wood grips.

- Ares Armory sales pitch
View attachment 238190View attachment 238191View attachment 238192

saw these on Palmetto and was drooling over them.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking a classic 1911 to the next level without diminishing its history is no easy feat, but adding an even more classic finish formally raises the bar. Auto-Ordnance has done just that with the new GI Series 1911 in .45 ACP with case hardened finish. This time honored tradition of working steel produces distinct and unique patterns of color long sought after by firearms aficionados. The Auto-Ordnance Case Hardened 1911s are each a work of art, covered in a beautiful, swirling finish. Includes a 7-round magazine, a checkered wood grips.

- Ares Armory sales pitch
View attachment 238190View attachment 238191View attachment 238192

I like CCH on lever and break action long gun receivers as much as the next guy, but that^ looks hideous.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many of y’all have had a firearm recased? I picked up my first Vaquero as soon as they hit the streets. I loved the chemical case right off of that dude. I’ve been geeking on Turnbull’s work for years, or at least since I started taking Double Gun Journal. I have a couple of bonified cased pieces, but they’ve never gotten the use the others have so don’t know how well it wears or if it’s worth the shekels. What do you think?

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of off the original track, but have any of you looked at Lindsey air gravers? I dumbed across them seems like a kajillion years ago. Only reason I haven’t made the swan dive is the gravers are just the beginning of my end. By the time you get the right microscope and grinders and vises etc, you have a tattoo level commitment. The guy’s a maestro and infinitely fascinating to watch.

https://www.lindsayengraving.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom