Case prep ideas and a lil quiz...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, I bought the Lyman Xpress case trimmer a few months back, on the recommendation of a thread here...so far, so good on it, it has worked well on a few hundred 30-06, and another 100+ assorted others. My new question is this: after trimming on the Lyman, it takes me forever it seems to chamfer and deburr by hand with the little RCBS tool that came in my kit...so I'm looking for opinions on something to handle those chores easier. I wet tumble, so a primer pocket cleaner is not a necessity, but could come in handy I suppose. The chamfer and deburr functions are definitely needed though.

As far as the "quiz", thought I'd throw this out there for yall - without using Google, a manual, etc, why is the one case mouth different on one of these 22-250 brass, and what cartridge does that make it now? I will say that one of them is the actual .224 diameter, as usual with 22-250...

20200830_133553.jpg
20200830_133620.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That RCBS rocket ship tool does take a long time to use.
That is the part of the brass prep I do not like.
I have Lyman deburr tools and use the Lyman VLD chamfer for inside case mouths.
Another process is to slick the case mouth even more by inserting steel wool into a socket and spin that socket onto the case mouth or spin the case into the steel wool packed into the socket.

.308?

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That RCBS rocket ship tool does take a long time to use.
That is the part of the brass prep I do not like.
I have Lyman deburr tools and use the Lyman VLD chamfer for inside case mouths.
Another process is to slick the case mouth even more by inserting steel wool into a socket and spin that socket onto the case mouth or spin the case into the steel wool packed into the socket.

.308?
Never tried the steel wool trick...and after loading a few hundred 30 cal bullets with boat tails, these flat base 22 cal are a pain in the a**

Latest posts

Top Bottom