Cash back app Getupside - anyone want to be my friend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep hearing about this getupside app on KTOK. When you purchase gas or groceries at a participating store, you get (up to 25 cents back per gallon or cash back on your purchase). According to the app, I just send a photo of the receipt to them and they verify with the last four of my credit card they have on file and give me cash back into an account in Paypal. They also have a quickscan but you have to check in when you arrive at the store.

I am always wary of these types of apps but I signed up with the free download to check it out. I can always stop using it and delete it at any time.

According to the app, if I invite a friend to get the app, I can also make (up to 17 cents more) along with the person invited.

It has got to be an information app selling my information on purchases to whoever will buy it. That is about the only reason for this app. I'm sure the 'participating stores also get a report of the information too.

In reference to the pyramid friend invite, I've done a lot of research into that. I can discuss that too. Pyramid schemes are illegal. This one just pays out for next level and not on lower level people my friends invite.

Anyone else use this? Why or why not?

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife got onto that app last year and it was a complete waste. First off, you only get the 25 cents per gallon back on 1 or 2 purchases. Then, after that, you are looking at 1-2 cents per gallon. MAYBE up to 5 cents per gallon. On top of that, almost every single time we started to use it, I found cheaper gas available at better gas stations. Plus, you can't cash it out until you get to a certain level of banked cash back (I believe it was $10, which takes a LONG time at 12-24 cents per fill up).

That's just our experience with it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a bank of 70.63 on my GetUpside app account.
the station near our home always offers 20-25 cents off and I use a company app to get another .10 per gallon off.
On the road seems most stations offer .01-.10 off, almost every gas company has an app out there to get at least .10 a gallon off if you want to mess with it.
Putting 27,000+ miles on our F-250 since last October when we bought it, it’s worth the hassle using those apps and GetUpside.
You can get cash back by gift card or PayPal.
with about $300 in BassPro/Cabellas points and some more cash back from this app, it will be nice to lay a gift card and rewards card on the counter and walk out with a new gun. Account on top right.
CEF40F36-D971-450A-9FE1-1F3627997096.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Gas Buddy which saves me .05 per gallon, it just doesn't work at Walmart/Sams.
Get the Murphy app.
every Monday do the free rev up button on the app to get points toward gas savings.
Last time I used the app I had 300 some points. Got .30 cents off per gallon.
I’ve built up another 502 points just by free spins.
Free gas is good.
22441B93-83FD-40E3-8B86-F8C7E68D29F4.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom