Cast vs jacketed powder charge difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
YMMV but for me the key to good results with a Marlin Micro-groove barrel has been "go fat". I size my .38/357 bullets to .360 and my .30-30 to .311. I have no problems with these rounds in my Ruger Vaquero or Marlin rifles, However, these rounds would not chamber in my dad's .357 Mag. American Derringer and I will sometimes find one that is a push fit in my S&W Model 60.
I lube with Lyman Super Moly. it is a soft lube and will flow in my lube sizers with no additional heat.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
YMMV but for me the key to good results with a Marlin Micro-groove barrel has been "go fat". I size my .38/357 bullets to .360 and my .30-30 to .311. I have no problems with these rounds in my Ruger Vaquero or Marlin rifles, However, these rounds would not chamber in my dad's .357 Mag. American Derringer and I will sometimes find one that is a push fit in my S&W Model 60.
I lube with Lyman Super Moly. it is a soft lube and will flow in my lube sizers with no additional heat.
That's what I thought. Thanks Larry...
This is an excellent site to find out about shooting cast bullets. As with any other internet info I would try to verify all data.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/index.php?

Michael

This is the best site on the internetz for all bullets lead....

Latest posts

Top Bottom