Casting Boolits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I shot 24 of them last night. And also rechecked the load. The load that I clocked at 775 fps was not the current load I'm using, so I'm going considerably lower than that. The bullets weren't terribly accurate, but I think I need to do a second lube pass. Had this problem before and found that some had very little lube. Hope that fixes it.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking for better accuracy, you may have to slug the barrel and check to see if the diameter matches what you are shooting.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
roadking, thats what I am wanting to shoot in my marlin. Are you using 357 or 38spl brass. What kind of a load were you using. I usually run unique I know it is dirty but it works in everything.

My 1894 357 marlin loves 158gr jacket boolits over a full charge of 296:blahblah:. i would like to try some lead in the microgroove barrel & I know that 296 wont work

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
tried adding a second coat of the liquid allox, but no improvement. I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have sized all of them without trying them first. Anyways, i'll keep playing with them.

Old fart, if you're planning on making the swap meet, could you bring some of that soft lead? I'll bring my calipers and we'll giterdone.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old fart, if you're planning on making the swap meet, could you bring some of that soft lead? I'll bring my calipers and we'll giterdone.

Current plans are to be there. If I forget just remind me. I only live a short piece down the road so I can run back home and get it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom