cat fishing at Eufaula, lake side near the damn.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever fished there this time of year?

A buddy of mine is planning a trip this coming saturday, swears it will be the day to catch some big cats, lake side of the damn, big rocks on the shore and water 70-90 foot deep.

Its going to be cold, damn cold. Not sure if I should commit.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Consider it a challenge that you’ve already committed to conquering!
Ah, who am I kidding! I’d do that stuff in my 20’s and 30’s without thinking about it. I’ll be 55 in a couple months. It takes some mental preparedness to do it anymore.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Consider it a challenge that you’ve already committed to conquering!
Ah, who am I kidding! I’d do that stuff in my 20’s and 30’s without thinking about it. I’ll be 55 in a couple months. It takes some mental preparedness to do it anymore.

I turn 55 in March, and well I do not handle cold like I used to.

Yes it would be a challenge, but I would also need to spend money on cold weather clothing I would want to try to stay warm.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up near there and fished right where you are describing. Lake side of the dam, north shore, between the dam and a little inlet that cuts back to the north. It is good fishing, though I couldn’t swear to it this time of year. I will say, however, that i fished there as a kid with big cat rods with 50-60 lb test line. One night, a buddy and I were fishing there and I hung fish big enough to break my line three different times that night. That night, in that spot, was the only time I have ever had my line broken from a straight on fish fight without being tangled on something.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up near there and fished right where you are describing. Lake side of the dam, north shore, between the dam and a little inlet that cuts back to the north. It is good fishing, though I couldn’t swear to it this time of year. I will say, however, that i fished there as a kid with big cat rods with 50-60 lb test line. One night, a buddy and I were fishing there and I hung fish big enough to break my line three different times that night. That night, in that spot, was the only time I have ever had my line broken from a straight on fish fight without being tangled on something.

sounds like the spot. My buddy said there are rocks everywhere. Big rocks get cold and cuddle yo yo one

Latest posts

Top Bottom