cat fishing at Eufaula, lake side near the damn.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caught a half dozen Blues at Eufaula in Mill Creek last week fishing with live shad from the bank. It was pretty nippy out. Had 4 poles out and caught them all on the same two rods. Wish we would get some decent weather. I kinda prefer that my line doesn't Ice up my guides. Was hard to find enough live shad the right size for 3-5lb snappers.

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I passed on this weekend, told him lets plan a trip for early march. Give me time to pick up a new rod and reel anyway.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I hear there is flatheads laying next to the dam that are as big as a VW Beetle.

No fruit here either....dang
Man eating catfish hang out at every dam in Ok! My brother in laws cousins uncle has seen them!
Sold all his SCUBA gear in fear!
I heard those stories when I was in grade school. I might have even believed them up until I was in Junior High.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've all heard the stories and laughed. An old friend of our family was a former Navy diver, and was part of the OKCPD for his entire career after the military. He's told me a story about diving down in the lake side of the dam at Overholser because years ago a car went into the lake, and there being giant catfish there next to the outlet in the dam. We all laugh at those stories, but this particular story came from a guy I actually trust and has the credentials. To this day, that's the only one of those stories I would give consideration to, only because of the man it came from.

As big as a VW, probably not. There would be a major and constant source of food though hanging out by the outlet in the dam. I could see some pretty large catfish coming from that area, if they were in fact out there.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone ever fished there this time of year?

A buddy of mine is planning a trip this coming saturday, swears it will be the day to catch some big cats, lake side of the damn, big rocks on the shore and water 70-90 foot deep.

Its going to be cold, damn cold. Not sure if I should commit.
Did your buddy do any good?

Latest posts

Top Bottom