Cat "fishing"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So last night was fun, heard a ruckus like my cat had gotten into something and was wrapped up...so we check it out and she found a fishing pole and lure and had hooked her lip. She was obviously trying to get away from it but calmed down once we grabbed her. Now she's being held down but not fighting us which was good, so I grab some side cutters to cut the barb off and extract the hook through. A second barb was starting to go through but hadn't gotten to the barb thankfully so it just came out backwards once the main hook was extracted. This whole time she's basically letting us work, I thought she would fight and twitch and scratch but nope, she did great. Within minutes it was like nothing happened, she was playing and drinking so I figured all was well. Called the vet this morning and explained everything and they said to keep an eye out for additional swelling (there is some slight swelling which was basically instant) but it hasn't increased since immediately after the incident so that too is good). If it goes up, they said bring her in for antibiotics.

View attachment 215573

She's s a cute little booger.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This happened to my old boxer once. I tried and tried to get the hook out but no luck. He didn’t seem to care at all. Vet ended up having to put him under to get it out. He was a tough SOB.

Millerman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a cat from a friend to keep mice down in the shop. Seemed to be working out ok, found a few kills couple of birds as well. Then found a half eaten catfish next to the shop door, and a few days later another, noticed the cat hunting at the edge on the pond. Wish i could have gotten a picture of that, must have been a heck of a fight. Those fish were easly as big as the cat. Gave her back to my buddy didnt want old dead fish stinking up the shop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom