Cat "fishing"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So last night was fun, heard a ruckus like my cat had gotten into something and was wrapped up...so we check it out and she found a fishing pole and lure and had hooked her lip. She was obviously trying to get away from it but calmed down once we grabbed her. Now she's being held down but not fighting us which was good, so I grab some side cutters to cut the barb off and extract the hook through. A second barb was starting to go through but hadn't gotten to the barb thankfully so it just came out backwards once the main hook was extracted. This whole time she's basically letting us work, I thought she would fight and twitch and scratch but nope, she did great. Within minutes it was like nothing happened, she was playing and drinking so I figured all was well. Called the vet this morning and explained everything and they said to keep an eye out for additional swelling (there is some slight swelling which was basically instant) but it hasn't increased since immediately after the incident so that too is good). If it goes up, they said bring her in for antibiotics.

216725776_779950026030994_3321563801763506172_n.jpg

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad your cat is ok. We have 5 that keep us entertained. I got up in the middle of the night, about 4 nights ago, to go to the bathroom. One of our male cats came out of the darkness and roll over in the floor so I could rub his belly . I started rubbing him and he got to squalling like they do when they are in a fight. I thought this crazy cat might bite me but, just like that he stopped as soon as I got my size 14 off his tail. I guess we need more night lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom