Catalytic Converter Theft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife had a Pontiac Sunbird about 7 or 8 years ago and she had hers cut off and stolen right in front of our business one night. Took them about 2 minutes.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, I told my gf about this thread, and she told me a story about her best friend who walked outside one evening and found a guy under her truck, trying to steal the CC. She went right up to him and kicked him in the nuts as hard as she could. He left without the CC, once he recovered :boxing3:

Last edited:

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, I told my gf about this thread, and she told me a story about her best friend who walked outside one evening and found a guy under her truck, trying to steal the CC. She went right up to him and kicked him in the nuts as hard as she could. He left without without the CC, once he recovered :boxing3:
Busted nuts and forehead! nice.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is under the hood. Very hard to get to, thankfully.
Good luck stealing mine out from under my brz unless they bring low profile jack and stands. Jeep would be easy but I bet not worth it. Something tells me only very large vehicles are what are targeted.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck stealing mine out from under my brz unless they bring low profile jack and stands. Jeep would be easy but I bet not worth it. Something tells me only very large vehicles are what are targeted.

Son and DIL had their RV parked for sale near our house. Sat there all day Sunday, went to pick it up, I heard them coming down the street. I meet them, Son says there is an exhaust leak, I say yea, your CC was stolen. Sure enough, it's gone, F450. They sold the RV that day, new owner wanted it the same way he saw it, cost them $1500 to get it replaced. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I hear their Element start when they were leaving, they got the CC on it too. It was rampant in Tulsa, Elements and Prius were the primary targets.

According to Shoot Summ's comment, Elements and Prius cars are targets. I doubt that they are very large vehicles.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had 3 co-workers hit at their homes.
Tundra's are pretty popular too because they have 4 CCs. Here was my chosen solution.

Attachments

• CCGuards.jpg
    CCGuards.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 76

Latest posts

Top Bottom