Cataract surgery ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My experience has been the same as @druryj . I have been very pleased from the beginning. You'll think you have a new TV. Colors are much more vivid for me than before. I also am a Southwest Eye Clinic alumni.

Colors? On a TV? What are these colors of which you speak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Colors? On a TV? What are these colors of which you speak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of not seeing colors, I read once that 65% of all males are colorblind in one or more colors and I've personally flunked a colorblind test a time or two.....variations of red and green are what get me.

One example; I can see a red firetruck and green grass but at a stoplight the 'Go' light looks white to me not green.

This is supposed to be the red / green test circle.....I can see a bunch of different color and sizes of little circles but if there's a number or letter in it I sure can't see it.

colorblind.jpg

Last edited:

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had it done in 2011. Great results but the side effect is floaters; search Weiss ring. To eliminate the floaters, in January I'm having a vitrectomy to replace the vitreous humor in each eye, scheduled one month apart.

Let me know how that goes. I have same issue. Left eye happened so quick while I was driving that I thought something flew into my eye and I had to pull over. Second eye was gradual over couple days. Surgery was recommended or live with it. Going to Dean McGee after first of year for another exam and getting it scheduled.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had it done in 2011. Great results but the side effect is floaters; search Weiss ring. To eliminate the floaters, in January I'm having a vitrectomy to replace the vitreous humor in each eye, scheduled one month apart.

I didn't even know that was possible! I have one floater, which I have had for so long that I don't even notice it anymore! However, if I have cataract surgery and end up with more, I'm glad to know there is a 'solution.'

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago, I went to the range with a friend of mine who wanted to sight in an AK he had put a reflex sight on. This was very shortly after I found out that the cataract in my right eye had advanced rather quickly. After he got it sighted in, he wanted me to shoot it. (Only AK I have ever fired, BTW!) I asked him, 'which one of them two red dots am I supposed to use?' I picked one and took a shot. Then, I had THREE little red dots to chose from!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's a "P"

That's what the wife said also and to her it sticks out like a sore thumb......nothing there for me.

Funny, I had to get a drivers license overseas one time and one part of the exam was the circles like above and the gal figured out real quick that I was color blind but apparently had walked down this road before with other folks......she reached under the counter and held up three different colored pencils that were obviously bright yellow, dark green and fire truck red and I passed with flying colors. :)

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife had Posterior Subcapsular Cataracts. She was very nearly blind when the surgery was done and it made a world of difference. She wore very high power lenses for glasses and contacts, in fact she was barely able to use contacts as she needed such a high power. Any worse and there was nothing available.

Anyway once surgery was done, did one eye one month then the other, she could see great. Still needed glasses for reading but compared to what she had before it was a huge improvement and most of the time didn't need anything at all to see just fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom