CBI pistol powder bulk purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been reading about this CBI powder. It's a pull-down, apparently it was used as an igniter charge in some sort of artillery round.

Folks are using it and really liking this stuff. It's a fluffy powder like Trail boss, so it will fill the case well, even with light loads.

https://www.cdvs.us/product/cbi-pis...-four-4-jugs-for-a-total-of-16-lbs-of-powder/
There will be $30 shipping, and $37.50 HazMat.
The only way this makes sense is to order 32 pound.

total of $451.50 for 32 pounds, or $14.11per pound.

I would go to my grave with half that powder.

Anyone want to split an order with me ?

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on how you split it up I would be interested in a few pounds say 5-10?
Let me know.
The way I understand this, the powder comes in 8 pound jugs.

@Toothpick indicated he would take 8 pounds.

I really wanted to split this order with one person, but if I can do it with 2 @8 lbs each, I will do that.

I am going to send you my phone number. Call me when you get a chance, perhaps we can close this up.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way I understand this, the powder comes in 8 pound jugs.

@Toothpick indicated he would take 8 pounds.

I really wanted to split this order with one person, but if I can do it with 2 @8 lbs each, I will do that.

I am going to send you my phone number. Call me when you get a chance, perhaps we can close this up.
I will do my best to call you today, 8lbs would work for me.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a done deal.

It came in 4lb containers, not the 8lb I was expecting. I ordered 32 pounds, and split it up with 2 others.

At this point I am not interested in selling off one of mine. Perhaps at some future time, but not now.
Let us know how well it runs and if it does perform similar to trailboss. I have a bunch of cast stuff I’ve got waiting on the wings for trailboss to come around, so if this could be an alternative of sorts, I’m sure another bulk buy with some others could be doable!

Latest posts

Top Bottom