CC Card vs Med Marijuana Card

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i would personally avoid putting my name on two lists that would easily hit on a woke esg score type list.
i know i'm on way more than that, but those two i will never be on.

also: why even have a cc card with our new carry laws? constitution says shall not be infringed

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But if your carrying your not smoking. It's like when your drinking and not carrying... Can still and a CC Card while drinking. Guess if the left legalize marijuana you can have both... Biden wants to pardon all federal marijuana charges.

According to something I read or heard, Biden's plan to pardon druggies is for simple possession. As for possession with intent to distribute and other more serious drug charges, those wouldn't be pardoned. Plus, if I remember right from the news I heard, most federal marijuana convicts were convicted of the higher charges, so there might not be so many simple possession convicts getting help.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Capm_Spaulding already gave you the correct answer.

You cannot legally be a user of marijuana and possess firearms or ammunition under federal law. As far as I know federal law says nothing about having a medical card...just using.

At this point in time it doesn't really matter what the state law says.
What these two said. Honestly, when it comes to flirting with felonies, I try to err on the side of extreme caution.
i would personally avoid putting my name on two lists that would easily hit on a woke esg score type list.
i know i'm on way more than that, but those two i will never be on.

also: why even have a cc card with our new carry laws? constitution says shall not be infringed
Agreed, but to have a CC Card means you can carry in many states and carry, and don’t have to worry about legalities of constitutional carry in other states. Makes life easier for many who travel/spend time in other states.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's so easy to get a Med Card now. I never tried Marijuana. My wife takes the gummies to help her sleep and anxiety. I heard you can't have both cards since marijuana is still illegal federally. Is it true that you can't have both for now.
I know of a case where a person's background check to purchase a gun had a hold on it - he suspected it was because he has a med card - but not sure --- some places actually have signs posted that you cannot use them for ffl if you have a med card ---- seems to me that having a med card does not make you a user of marijuana - sometimes it is for a spouse, etc

this whole thing is BS - fed needs to get on board and collect taxes on the sales - would make a decent revenue stream for the filthy irs

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you can't get a medical MJ card to buy weed for your spouse. Not legally, anyway. There's a "caregiver" license for that purpose. And it's supposed to be privileged medical information just like any other medical record. I doubt that was the reason.

I do agree it's time for the federal government to rethink the position on marijuana as a Schedule 1 controlled substance...like heroin and LSD.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to something I read or heard, Biden's plan to pardon druggies is for simple possession. As for possession with intent to distribute and other more serious drug charges, those wouldn't be pardoned. Plus, if I remember right from the news I heard, most federal marijuana convicts were convicted of the higher charges, so there might not be so many simple possession convicts getting help.
Not positive but it seems to me that Federal wouldn't convict for simple possession anyway, so the whole idea of pardoning Federal convictions for simple possession is nothing more than a politically motivated 'feel good' move.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, federal law trumps state law. States cannot make legal that which the federal law forbids. The federal government so far chooses not to enforce federal marijuana laws. States are allowed to make illegal that which the federal law allows. We FFLs were told that if a prospective buyer admits to having a MM card, we are to assume they are a user and to deny the transfer.
I once had a genius that offered his MM card as proof of Oklahoma residence. I was certain that Obummer, Trump or Biden would remove marijuana from the Schedule I dangerous substance list. So far, not so.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, federal law trumps state law. States cannot make legal that which the federal law forbids. The federal government so far chooses not to enforce federal marijuana laws. States are allowed to make illegal that which the federal law allows. We FFLs were told that if a prospective buyer admits to having a MM card, we are to assume they are a user and to deny the transfer.
I once had a genius that offered his MM card as proof of Oklahoma residence. I was certain that Obummer, Trump or Biden would remove marijuana from the Schedule I dangerous substance list. So far, not so.
Just guessing here.
As I understand it, MJ as a plant is so easy to grow even potheads can do it.
If the Big Pharma industry comes up with some special strain or synthetic form of MJ that is touted as "SAFER" and "MORE EFFECTIVE" medicinally - then I believe the palms on both sides of the aisle will be greased in D.C. and the BIG PHARMA version of MJ (for which they hold the patents, with no generic version of course) will be legalized.
If I were a cynical person, that's how I think it would happen at the federal level.

Latest posts

Top Bottom