CCI Quiets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never heard of these until yesterday. I'm going to have to give them a try, would be great to step out the back door and fire off a few shots (I live outside city limits, but houses are too close for the neighbors to be comfortable with gun shots).

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're super quiet in my suppressed Ruger American Rimfire, but the trajectory really falls off after about 40 yds.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They work great in a bolt action .22 rifle. They also work fine in my Ruger MK IV, but since they won't cycle the action on a semi-auto, I have to manually eject the spent case, which is actually to my advantage, because there's no looking around to find the piece of brass so it can be properly disposed of it...elsewhere..
Everyone I know who has experience with these agrees, except the rats.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem I have found with them and the other subsonic "unplated" subsonic 22s is that they really trash the suppressor. Depending on how much you shoot it's a pain to clean. Would never use them in a can I couldn't take apart to clean. But yes they are quiet

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are very quiet. My son shots them a lot in SASS because they are some of the lowest FPS I can find they don't send much metal back at you.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess our definition of "work fine" is a little different.

In this context, "work fine" means I want the semi-auto gun NOT to cycle and throw the empty brass out; I want to manually extract the spent shell, so that it can be disposed of discreetly. Capiche?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In this context, "work fine" means I want the semi-auto gun NOT to cycle and throw the empty brass out; I want to manually extract the spent shell, so that it can be disposed of discreetly. Capiche?

I Capiche that you describe "works fine" as needing to manually cycle a semi auto.
In that case, every .22 bullet on the planet would "work fine" as long as the primer went off properly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom