CCI Quiets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I Capiche that you describe "works fine" as needing to manually cycle a semi auto.
In that case, every .22 bullet on the planet would "work fine" as long as the primer went off properly.

I generally agree with your sentiment in this thread. However, a complete no cycle would imo be better than an incomplete cycle and jam. At least there’s a consistent reliable result.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad uses those in town (small town) to shoot tree rats. He uses ‘em in a Winchester 67 single shot. I’ve shot pellet guns louder than these.
I've got a couple boxes of these, and was going to shoot them in a Winchester 67A. I read the box, it claimed unsuitability in long-barreled rifles. One thing those old Win 67s are, besides surprisingly accurate, is long-barreled.
The maker expressed concern about the bullet sticking in the long barrel.

If your Dad isn't having any trouble in his 67, I may just go ahead and shoot them.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a couple boxes of these, and was going to shoot them in a Winchester 67A. I read the box, it claimed unsuitability in long-barreled rifles. One thing those old Win 67s are, besides surprisingly accurate, is long-barreled.
The maker expressed concern about the bullet sticking in the long barrel.

If your Dad isn't having any trouble in his 67, I may just go ahead and shoot them.
I’ve ran them in long barrels with no problems

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re concerned, after the first several shots, just run a wire down the barrel each time to ensure it’s ok. Peace of mind, eh?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re concerned, after the first several shots, just run a wire down the barrel each time to ensure it’s ok. Peace of mind, eh?
Reminded me of the days during a summer job at the Ponca City power plant when younger. The facility had a problem with birds coming in and pooping all over the equipment. I worked the night shift as an oiler and clean up guy. An additional duty was to shoot the birds that were roosting in the roof at night with .22 birdshot. Didn't know much about guns back then but the round wouldn't eject when the bolt was cycled, so a brass brazing rod shoved down the barrel was the ejector.

Latest posts

Top Bottom