1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

CCI Shot Cartridges for Revolvers

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by gerhard1, Jun 1, 2019.

1. GUN DOG

GUN DOG Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Now u mention it I used a sp101 357

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. Glock 'em down

Glock 'em down Sharpshooter

Rating
    97.1%
    The first two rounds up in the cylinder of my Ruger LCR in .38 special +P is two of the CCI shotshells.

I have a snake problem at my place too.

3. TheDoubleD

TheDoubleD Marksman

Rating
    100%
    I couldn't find any loaded ammo but did happen on some CCI .38 capsules. I opened up a dove and quail load 12 gauge to collect shot. Filled the capsule with shot and weighed the loaded capsule. I looked up a .38 spl Load using the the same weight bullet and loaded up some home made shot shells.

So far 3 snakes, for 3 shots I would not recommend them much beyond 8 feet or so. That is based on shooting patterns on paper.

I keep a S&W M-60 Ladysmith in the house for snakes. I have never figured how they could rate that gun a lady's gun, it hurts to shoot it. I try to relocate snakes if i can. But Wife doesn't like snakes and about the only way I found to stop her shrieking is to shot the snake.

druryj, dennishoddy and RETOKSQUID like this.
  4. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Thanks for the input, guys. I got some from Academy in Enid and I may get a chance to try them out when I mow the lot in a couple of days.

5. LBnM

LBnM Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I tried some in my 3" and in my 442 when I went to the range a couple days ago. The #9 shot was pretty ineffective up close and personal and the big 4 only slightly better. I once shot a 12" Copperhead with the .44 loads. Took a full cylinder thru my Mtn Gun to do much damage. The only ones I trust are the .45 ACP.

6. LBnM

LBnM Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm quite interested in the results of the .40 shotshells. I'm a sucker for three inch combat revolvers and a Ruger GP100 Wiley Clapp keeps showing up on my radar. It might replace my SIG P220 in the woods as well as a city carry.

7. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    As soon as I try them out, I'll do an AAR.

8. RedHawk357Mag

RedHawk357Mag Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I reload my own in 357 and 44 mag. Bought capsules from Midway, and bought a bag of number twelve shot from somewhere. If you need some #12 I got about 73 lifetimes worth. Easy enough to load. The capsule is kinda fragile so gotta watch the expand crimp stages. I stored some in an Altoids box in the truck and through the course of the summer some capsules got heat damaged and no longer chamber. Killed two snakes and a freaking huge scorpion with them fairly effortlessly. Tested a cylinder to see where the dense portion of the pattern lay. If I recall correctly I need to aim about inch low at 8 or 9 feet.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk