CCW and suppressor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I apologize if anyone took anything I said as a personal attack. I did not mean it that way. I thought this was a good, spirited debate on differing views. No offense was intended to anyone.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS, this is not attached to my gun. It is not even my main carry gun. I just like having it in my backpack in case I wan't to go out somewhere and shoot. that is all. I would assume it is okay since they are legal to own and you have to transport them somehow. it just happens to be in the same bag as my concealed pistol.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS, this is not attached to my gun. It is not even my main carry gun. I just like having it in my backpack in case I wan't to go out somewhere and shoot. that is all. I would assume it is okay since they are legal to own and you have to transport them somehow. it just happens to be in the same bag as my concealed pistol.

Yeah but it was great segue into an interesting discussion.

I personally believe if you have your paperwork copies with the supressor in the bag and it just happens to be the same bag your CCW is in you'll be just fine. Might raise an eyebrow but as long as you aren't napping on school property you should be good to go!

once again

*disclaimer

Just because bettingpython says it's probably okay doesn't mean it is so. His opinons and statements are not a defense against prosecution.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah but it was great segue into an interesting discussion.

I personally believe if you have your paperwork copies with the supressor in the bag and it just happens to be the same bag your CCW is in you'll be just fine. Might raise an eyebrow but as long as you aren't napping on school property you should be good to go!

once again

*disclaimer

Just because bettingpython says it's probably okay doesn't mean it is so. His opinons and statements are not a defense against prosecution.

Agreed. If you have it unattached, I would think it would be no different than having an SBRd lower receiver in the same carry bag as your CCW.

Still hesitant as to what a LEO is going to think if you ever have to use your CCW, but how are they to know you werent put in that position on your way to the range.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. The suppressor doesn't really change when you attach it does it? I don't think any entity defines a suppressor differently depending on weather it is attached or not. I'm curious as to why you believe it being attached is CCW a suppressor, but not unattached.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Attached to a loaded weapon. I would consider that CCW a supressor then. And we know where the conversation goes from here, so Ill agree to disagree. ;)

I am kind of on the side with dustin here, the supressor attached to the pistol should be a non issue, provided that it does not drive the barrel length over 16 inches.

Furthermore the official definition of pistol does not exclude the berretta 93R or Glock 18.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69759

Latest posts

Top Bottom