CCW Badge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
..so they can call him a dumbazz to his face?

The guy is entitled to his opinion.

Not so we can call him a dumbazz to his face (he/she is probably a great human being), but so we can make informed choices in regards to who gets our slim training $$. You can't throw a rock these days without hitting someone who claims to be a "Tactical Firearms Instructor" or one of the many other variations of the theme. So why would one willingly train with a guy who espouses ridiculous crap like CCW badges?

Yes he is entitled to his opinion, but being entitled to your opinion does not equal being entitled to protection from the consequences of your opinion.

I, for one, hope this is just a misunderstanding and/or misinterpretation of the instructor's words by the OP.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so we can call him a dumbazz to his face (he/she is probably a great human being), but so we can make informed choices in regards to who gets our slim training $$. You can't throw a rock these days without hitting someone who claims to be a "Tactical Firearms Instructor" or one of the many other variations of the theme. So why would one willingly train with a guy who espouses ridiculous crap like CCW badges?

Yes he is entitled to his opinion, but being entitled to your opinion does not equal being entitled to protection from the consequences of your opinion.

I, for one, hope this is just a misunderstanding and/or misinterpretation of the instructor's words by the OP.

Exactly how i see it.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Agreed 100 percent. I trust John, he's a good dude and I believe he knows more than me soooo
, I'd pay the man for his knowledge. Some jackwagon spouting Rambo tactics won't get a dime of mine because I don't have a stack of dimes to give away. No butt hurt, I for one love USSA, shat happens and the OP had a bad dose of info and while it was a small dose, I ain't gonna pay for it. No worries either way and I'm sure John will understand if I ask who is teaching since you are the self appointed keeper of the "secret". Maybe you can parlay your new knowledge into a book deal?:comfort:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Even if I knew his name, I wouldn't let his opinion about a badge keep me from training with him, especially at a well known place like USSA.
He might have some tip or method that could end up saving my life even if I don't like the badge thing.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is most people who get the CCW badge seem to want it to convey some sort of badassery, which it obviously does not. I do know of one instructor out there who has suggested a CCW badge could be useful in some situations, such as holding a bad guy at gun point until police arrive. The guy I'm thinking of has a couple decades experience in plain-clothes armed security work on several continents, and has fought more dirtbags in tight spaces in the presence of weapons than most.

I don't know that he's the instructor from the OP's experience, so I won't share his name in this thread. A person interested in an objective consideration, rather than a pre-drawn conclusion, regarding the instructor I'm talking about could PM me for his name. But like I said, it may not be the same guy.

I would think holding my pistol on the bad guy would keep him at bay until the cops arrive. :)

I use a two handed hold on my pistol, and don't have a spare hand to hold a badge. :)

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sticking with CCW badge condoms. If I'm involved in a shooting, I can whip one out and it'll get any officer's attention quickly. They're marked in bold print "Oklahoma Concealed Carry" followed by my license number, address and zip code.

Makes me feel more self reliant in a potentially unstable tactical shopping situation.

Still haven't worked out the kinks. Could only see "O3" during dry fire rehearsals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom